New astro city monitor frame

For monitor related issues
Hrvat9
eBay: hrvaat

New astro city monitor frame

Post by Hrvat9 »

Any one have a spare they’d sell me? this ms29 has a different bracket from a different game( I think it was a DDR) and I just don’t want to mess around with making this fit
candy: Sega New Astro City x2, Sega Versus City (sold)
Seeeegggggaaaaaa
nem
Needs a custom rank

Re: New astro city monitor frame

Post by nem »

Doesn't necessarily have to be from a NAC. Any 29" Sega frame should work (ask for a pic to be sure).

Some Namco cabs have compatible frames too.

Naturally, if it's not a MS9, the chassis won't drop in, but it's an easy thing to fix.
Hrvat9

Post by Hrvat9 »

nem wrote: October 6th, 2021, 9:58 am Doesn't necessarily have to be from a NAC. Any 29" Sega frame should work (ask for a pic to be sure).

Some Namco cabs have compatible frames too.

Naturally, if it's not a MS9, the chassis won't drop in, but it's an easy thing to fix.
Ended up finding one local :awe: Monitor is in and fired up!

Question though, I have a 400-5261-01x power supply and its without its own power switch and a degauss button. I looked it up and it’s a sega versus city power supply most likely; it sits on top of another box in the versus . My question is it possible to add the buttons? Or better if to just buy another power supply. This works fine but I don’t have a wand to degauss my monitor lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Seeeegggggaaaaaa
Hrvat9

Post by Hrvat9 »

Pic of PS
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Seeeegggggaaaaaa
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

I did something similar to a Sega PSU that came from some dedicated cab I guess? I added test and service buttons to it. The solder pads were there on the PCB.

Even if it's not there, degauss is on the 15-pin AMP UP connector on the side of the chassis. So it's definitely doable.
Hrvat9

Post by Hrvat9 »

nem wrote: October 7th, 2021, 8:38 pm I did something similar to a Sega PSU that came from some dedicated cab I guess? I added test and service buttons to it. The solder pads were there on the PCB.

Even if it's not there, degauss is on the 15-pin AMP UP connector on the side of the chassis. So it's definitely doable.
Sweet! I’ll crack it open and take a look:)

Also , does my ms9 have auto switching res ?? I see a relay in place instead of the jumpers
Seeeegggggaaaaaa
mukurop
eBay: mukuro_w

Post by mukurop »

Yes it Is the bifreq autoswitch version, I beleave it was released for versus city,.