ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com
eBay: chrismartinlewis
Initials: BNS

Green dropping out??

Post by ChrisBEANS »

Hey all,

Sadly, my screen has been playing up...

From my rudimentary knowledge of what's going on, it looks to me like the green signal is dropping out??

It happens while the timer at the top of the screen is at 82, and the colour comes back to normal when the timer is at 75...

(Don't judge the gameply, I was farming POWs for score :lolno: )

It started by doing it for a half a second, very occasionally, then the periods of disolouration lasted longer and longer and came more frequently.

So, is it likely to be something to do with the green signal, something more sinister?? Grant recently recapped it, so it's not in need of that.

Before I hassle Grant with another repair, I should probably have some idea what I'm asking him to do...

Lastly, and maybe somewhat childishly, I'm kinda obsessed with chasing a high score right now. Is using it like this likley to cause more harm?

Ta
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Re: Green dropping out??

Post by geotrig »

Is it happening with any other carts / games? To me your screen is too bright too but that personal preference for a slightly darker screen.
Maybe when it drops have s fiddle with some of the pots / cables for the remote board

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Try wiggling the video input connector on the chassis. The connectors Hantarex used are a bit ****.
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com

Post by ChrisBEANS »

Cheers guys… heard from Grant too who suggests giving everything a wiggle or a “tweak” before worrying about repair.

I’m not back with it until Monday, but I’ll do it then.

As for the brightness… I’ve tuned it as best I can to have nice vivid colours and still have completely black blacks.

Is there any harm in having it this bright? I have noticed when using other people’s cabs that they aren’t as bright as I have mine. Genuine question, I’m always happy to learn!
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com

Post by ChrisBEANS »

geotrig wrote: August 14th, 2021, 12:28 pm Is it happening with any other carts / games?
Sorry, missed this first time round. Haven’t actually played much other than MS lately, but I can’t say I’ve ever noticed it in other games using different slots. It didn’t even occur to me that such an issue might be cart or MVS related. I’ll check that too :thumbup:
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

It's not a cart issue.

ChrisBEANS wrote: August 14th, 2021, 2:30 pmIs there any harm in having it this bright?

In home use, no.