PVM/BVM/OSSC for AtomisWave??

For monitor related issues
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com
eBay: chrismartinlewis
Initials: BNS

PVM/BVM/OSSC for AtomisWave??

Post by ChrisBEANS »

Help… the more I look into this, the more I confuse myself!!

I now have a very nice PVM. A Sony 2130QM.

It’s currently used for a Genesis, connected via SCART, and it will also be used with an OMVS, also connected by SCART.

All good so far. Extremely happy with it.

However, I also have an AtomisWave (capable of 15kHz and 31kHz output) which unfortunately will not play ball with either of my MVS cabs.

Using the JNX ‘Big Red’ JAMMA to MVS adapter, the picture is extremely bright and washed out. Same on both an SNK U4 and an Electrocoin six slot with a Hantarex monitor.

The adapter works perfectly with Demon Front (JAMMA), so I know the problem isn’t with the adapter. I also have two AW mobos, and it’s the same issue with both.

I do have the option for an AtomisWave SD, which is awesome, but it’ll be the fifth cabinet I’ve bought this year, which is bordering on a mental health issue!!

If I can solve the issue without buying another cab, that’d be grand!

I believe that it should work with any VGA CRT, but I’m struggling to find any with both SCART and VGA. In addition, eBay prices (as you’d expect) are bonkers…

I’d be happy to attach it to the PVM at 15kHz via SCART if this is doable, but I can’t find a definitive answer (or suitable supergun) anywhere. I’m assuming, perhaps incorrectly, that 15kHz would look ok on the PVM as it’s a physically smaller screen??

I could simply go the OSSC route. I already have one, and an LCD TV I could use too, but A) I’d much rather use a CRT if at all possible, and B) before I do that I’d like to hear of anyone else’s experience of using an AW and OSSC.

Any insight is gratefully received, and of course I expect most of you to tell me to go for the AWSD :lol:
thegreathopper
Geese's Bodyguard
eBay: thegreathopper
Initials: STV

Re: PVM/BVM/OSSC for AtomisWave??

Post by thegreathopper »

I wouldn’t tell you to for a AW, they were always cheap for a reason, poor quality monitor, a cheap version of an Egret 3.
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com
eBay: chrismartinlewis
Initials: BNS

Post by ChrisBEANS »

It’s more than my U4 cost me, plus shipping :lol:
thegreathopper
Geese's Bodyguard
eBay: thegreathopper
Initials: STV

Post by thegreathopper »

ChrisBEANS wrote: July 13th, 2021, 11:48 pm It’s more than my U4 cost me, plus shipping :lol:
Wow, how things change, they used to be a £400 cab and there were a lot around. :whoopsie: I wonder what an AW plays like on a Vewlix, probably going to look a bit blurred.

How about a Naomi, they are 31K or a tri res cab? Blast city or a Windy2.