Blast City CRT Groan on shut down

For monitor related issues
sparksterz
Please Continue...
Initials: BRK

Blast City CRT Groan on shut down

Post by sparksterz »

I think I'm needing to do some work on my Blast City's monitor but I figured I'd check in here and get some input from you guys on it first before tackling next steps.

I was doing some Naomi Net Boot Raspberry Pi troubleshooting and my monitor wasn't acting the happiest. At one point giving me only the green channel and retrace lines (which happened once, turned it off after about 10 seconds and hasn't happened since). Now it's been working fairly consistently but every time it shuts down, the monitor for lack of a better term "Groans"? I've never heard this sound before on any other monitor. It looks like there's about zero ways to get in and measure the monitor so I'm guessing I best start making space to test it outside of it.

Here's a quick video you can hear it on shut dow:

So - how screwed am I?
sven666
eBay: sven-666
Initials: JNX

Re: Blast City CRT Groan on shut down

Post by sven666 »

CRT groan :lol:

Play me baby, you play me so good never stop! :shifty:
sparksterz
Please Continue...
Initials: BRK

Re: Blast City CRT Groan on shut down

Post by sparksterz »

It's definitely a weird sound to explain. I'm going to pull the monitor power and make sure it's not something else in the cabinet, but there's no visible sparking which is causing it. I think at this rate. I might send the chassis out to Sharp Image Repair as I'm just swamped on my project backlog and maybe tackle recapping the cabinet PSU while I wait. I'm a decent solderer but no expert...In the case of something like this I'd rather get someone to fix it before it becomes unfix-able. These chassis don't grow on trees sadly.