Alternative chassis for a Sanwa 29E31S?

For monitor related issues
VirusHunter
Please Continue...
eBay: virushunter123
Initials: VH

Alternative chassis for a Sanwa 29E31S?

Post by VirusHunter »

Long story short I now have a Naomi Universal cab and it is missing a lot of parts. I'm looking into getting a Sanwa 29E31S monitor, but I'll still need a chassis for it!

At first I thought "Well I can just drop one of those universal chassis on ebay into it" but after some further reading I'm guessing it's not that easy and that the Sanwa's monitor is incompatible with it (But please correct me if I'm wrong)
So I've read that the Nanao MS-2932 chassis is compatible and...that's all I know. Are there other alternative chassis that'd work? I want to run Naomi stuff on the cab so it's gotta be 31kHz compatible.

If anyone can give me some info I'd greatly appreciate it!
grantspain
Tech Head

Re: Alternative chassis for a Sanwa 29E31S?

Post by grantspain »

you can use a rodotron 666a-29 or weiya3129a, trisync chassis - nieman displays is in Canada and he used to have these chassis so it would be wise contacting him
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

VirusHunter wrote: June 7th, 2021, 1:58 amSo I've read that the Nanao MS-2932 chassis is compatible
It's not.
Sbdesign
eBay: hardtofindmerchandise
Initials: JTL

Post by Sbdesign »

Im not a technical expert, but adding a response because I think I understand your confusion...

A naomi normally has a Sanwa or nanao Monitor. (in my experience)
The tubes on each of these differ, and the compatable chassis is different for each tube (CRT)

It sounds like you have sourced a Tube (I think the term monitor, is a tube chassis combo) ? and it is a tube compatible with a Sanwa 29E31S chassis?
So when you read that a MS2932 chassis is right for the naomi, it can be used on a naomi, but not with a tube that pairs with a sanwa chassis.

EG: I have a naomi here with a sanwa, and one with a nanao. I can not swap chassis with each other.

But there is alternative chassis's I hear, and Grant is the man with the knowledge, I'd listen to him anyway of the week regarding CRTs, so like he says...
odotron 666a-29 or weiya3129a, trisync chassis work with the sanwa tube.
RMRM

Post by RMRM »

The tube that goes with the 29E31S is a Shangai Novel. You should have a sticker on the back of the tube where you can read the manufacturer and model.