How to remove MTC9000 ?!

For monitor related issues
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com
eBay: chrismartinlewis
Initials: BNS

How to remove MTC9000 ?!

Post by ChrisBEANS »

Got to drop this off for a service next week, and I’m terrified I’ll break it!!

I’ll update with pictures soon, but in the mean time does anyone have a link to a guide for this particular chassis?

The majority of wires seem fairly simple plugs, so no issue with photographing them and making sure they go back correctly.

My major concern is the board that sits at the end of the tube (on this chassis, that board includes the RGB gains and cutoffs, so I assume this needs to go with the rest of the chassis for service??).

I’m particularly worried about damaging it as I’m painfully aware this is all obsolete technology and once it’s gone, it’s gone.

The second part is a thick red wire that goes between the top of the chassis, and a big rubber disc on the back of the screen.

I am well aware that this holds massive charge. What’s the best, safest way to remove this without A) zapping myself, and more importantly B) breaking my cab??

Cheers
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com

Re: How to remove MTC9000 ?!

Post by ChrisBEANS »

Right... First part...

How do I remove this, and I assume it goes with the rest of the chassis for service??

Secondly, the blue and red wires on the right go directly to the board pictured above. Do I just leave these plugged in as I guess it's all going together anyway?

Lastly, the thick red wire on the left of the above image goes to the screen as per the picture below...

What's the drill with removing this without breaking stuff?

Ta
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

to remove neck card grip each side of the card with each hand and gently pull backwards from the tube, then pull the black wire spade terminal that is the crt earth

on 2nd photo remove 4 pin power input connector and earth spade terminal, on left side of chassis remove 6 pin rgb input connector, on right side of chassis where power input connector is look towards the tube and you will see 2pin degauss connector to remove, on the fan assembly and to side you will see the 6 pin deflection yoke connector which also needs to be removed

the final photo shows the ht lead to the tube, its a y clip and will need to manipulated from the anode and may need discharging

watch youtube videos on removing arcade chassis, you may even find one that shows the mtc9000 or the mtc9110 ( which is what you actualy have)
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com

Post by ChrisBEANS »

All done, and I'm still alive!

Instructions were spot on, thank you :)