For monitor related issues
matt5cott
eBay: matt5cott
Initials: MAT

Re: Taito Canary playing blind

Post by matt5cott »

Hello :)

Yep, toei tc-hv25lmk

The buzz is loud, which suggests said transformer is perhaps shagged, or maybe something is shagged that feeds it I guess. :think:

In the meantime I've pulled the power supply and am going to re-cap it.
ImageImageImage
matt5cott

Post by matt5cott »

UPDATE

I've finally found someone who works on these TOEI chassis, has agreed to work on it, and looks well equipped to do so :awe: 8-)

Will update relevant who fixes what threads if this turns out A-OK, will probably be a couple of month turn around though.
ImageImageImage
ravepants
eBay: ravepants
Initials: RPS

Post by ravepants »

Beyond amazeballz! :mrgreen:
matt5cott

Post by matt5cott »

matt5cott wrote: January 27th, 2023, 9:24 pm UPDATE

I've finally found someone who works on these TOEI chassis, has agreed to work on it, and looks well equipped to do so :awe: 8-)

Will update relevant who fixes what threads if this turns out A-OK, will probably be a couple of month turn around though.
Well the turn around was slow, but I have been sent a video of the chassis working, I asked what was done, they said the horizontal section was bad, new HOT, few other components and ran it for hours, will confirm when it gets back to jolly old England and I find time to fit it.

I know this thread is being watched by someone else with a similar issue, looks like we could be onto a winner...
ImageImageImage
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

6 moths ?
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

grantspain wrote: July 8th, 2023, 7:32 am6 moths ?
You spoil us Grant :awe:
matt5cott

Post by matt5cott »

grantspain wrote: July 8th, 2023, 7:32 am6 moths ?
Haha yes, but the other option was sit in a box broken. :D
ImageImageImage
matt5cott

Re: Taito Canary NOT playing blind, but still issues

Post by matt5cott »

Well over 3 years later and here we are, unfortunately still not working which is frustrating when I was sent a video of it working (defo the same one in vid) But at least there's life...

I finally get round to putting this all back together, I double check everything, fire the switch, and it's another frigging high pitched noise (at least not the previous buzz as before I guess) With the game playing sounds at me, great :problem:

Anyway the sound seemed to be localised (always hard to tell with a high pitched shriek) Around the flyback, with @cools advice on another thread to give things tap I gave the metal shroud near it (pictured below) A knock and much to my amazement the shriek stopped and I could hear it fire up :-o

Unfortunately the image was a mess rolling all over the shop, but the colours all seem to be correct and it looks bright and clear,

I tried to dial it in blind (chassis was facing rear in a temporary position) But it doesn't seem to want to sync, I gave it another tap and it started to infrequently just show a single white line as below, vertical collapse I believe,

It was getting late and I've had to power down and stick it all away again for a bit but hopefully a plan of action can be drawn up, hopefully it's just something loose!
ImageImageImage
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

Have you checked the connection on the mate n lock connector going to the chassis?
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

matt what boards are you using for testing ? is there a remote board and is it connected up the right way around ? (this is in relation to the scrambled image )

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
matt5cott

Post by matt5cott »

zak wrote: February 8th, 2024, 1:26 pm Have you checked the connection on the mate n lock connector going to the chassis?
I did, but that was a while ago now when I was fault finding and I've removed the power from the mate n lock to run it independently from a PSU when testing, so defo need to check all the wiring again just to be doubly sure.

geotrig wrote: February 8th, 2024, 2:15 pm matt what boards are you using for testing ? is there a remote board and is it connected up the right way around ? (this is in relation to the scrambled image )
The TOEI is a rats nests with some odd daughter boards but it seems set up right, but will double check this again definitely.

Game board wise, those I've tried are a known working irken labs JAMMA expander, Mr Driller G, and Fantasia.

Cheers guys for the help. I'm just hoping this is a sync cabling issue but I'm putting together a list of things to do and I'll take another crack at it end of February when I get another chance to pull machines out :)
ImageImageImage