For monitor related issues
stevie187
Please Continue...
eBay: lron-lung
Initials: STE

RGBs to RGBhv

Post by stevie187 »

Hi all,

Sorry with the spamming of questions recently, another quick one I have some of these GBS 8100 vga to cga converters, they output a RGBs signal. Now my ms9 29 seems to have a RGBhv connector. I can't seem to get a picture out of it at all, I have tried throwing the sync signal at the h and h and v both wired to the single sync still no picture. Can they accept a composite sync signal?

Thanks

Steve
stevie187
Please Continue...

Re: RGBs to RGBhv

Post by stevie187 »

sorry guys turns out the remote board wasn't plugged in, if i just use h its fine! the only problem is this converter board just does not like the chihiro output signal. If I use my PC its fine works well, plug the Chihiro in a just get multicoloured bars....A real bummer as it was a cheap way to get the Chihiro on 15khz. My monitor just reports its 640x480 31k which it should support...
stevie187
Please Continue...

Post by stevie187 »

interestingly this might be down to a sync issue again, the Chihiro only outputs a horizontal sync signal and a composite on green....my NEC multisync doesn't mind but this video converter doesn't like it. I read you could change a dip switch to alter the sync on green but tried 3 and 4 on filter board to no avail.
DaveyD
eBay: Dr_Daph
Initials: DPD

Post by DaveyD »

The sync signal on the chihiro is slightly out of spec meaning it won't work with some monitors :problem:
stevie187
Please Continue...

Post by stevie187 »

Yeah I read the Dip switches on the filter can be adjusted to mess with Res and sync but they seem to have noeffect whatsoever.
Urabutbl
Please Continue...
eBay: urabutbl
Initials: _P_

Post by Urabutbl »

Sorry to jump on an old thread, but I'm here with the exact same problem - trying to get the vga signal from a Chihiro to work on a CRT TV, in this case. Anyone had any luck?
Sunder
eBay: sunderaj82
Initials: SUN

Post by Sunder »

Urabutbl wrote: April 29th, 2022, 3:40 pm Sorry to jump on an old thread, but I'm here with the exact same problem - trying to get the vga signal from a Chihiro to work on a CRT TV, in this case. Anyone had any luck?
Are you trying to run a 31khz VGA signal on a regular 15khz CRT Tv? That wont work.
sven666
eBay: sven-666
Initials: JNX

Post by sven666 »

Ressurecting this, is there a simpler way to run a rgbs signal on a vga monitor than using a synchstrike (which is what i have now).. , there is no analog way to separate the synchs?
DaveyD
eBay: Dr_Daph
Initials: DPD

Post by DaveyD »

It seems to be monitor dependant. I had a N.O.S Wells Gardner monitor in my Initial D cabinet (running Naomi 2) and the picture looked amazing. I bought a chihiro with Outrun 2, and Wangan Midnight 2 to play in the machine, and no matter what I tried I couldn't get the chihiro to sync properly with it, so ended up buying a Sanwa Sanwa 29e31S to swap in. The picture isn't as nice, but I can at least play all games in the machine
copados33
Please Continue...
eBay: psycho-q

Post by copados33 »

For fixing/filtering Sync issues, an Extron RGB201xi should work too, these cost $15-25 USD on Ebay.