Can anyone help identify this monitor/chassis

For monitor related issues
stevie187
Please Continue...
eBay: lron-lung
Initials: STE

Can anyone help identify this monitor/chassis

Post by stevie187 »

Can anyone confirm this is an ms9-29 and will accept a 31khz input I found 2 of them in an outrun 2 twin setup however the d sub cable was just dangling as there was nowhere to plug it in just an amp connector that only had only the ac and degauss wired from the loom side.

its a Nanao 05A00675D1
IMG_20200930_104529.jpg
IMG_20200930_105542.jpg
Thanks

Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Re: Can anyone help identify this monitor/chassis

Post by nem »

That sure looks like a MS9. MS9 is a dual res chassis, so 15/24khz. You can't run OutRun 2 with it. If you found it one, it definitely isn't the original monitor.
yosinlpet
Please Continue...
eBay: douglasvanille
Initials: yos

Post by yosinlpet »

The chassis model is written on the heatsink if the label is still there ;-)
stevie187
Please Continue...

Post by stevie187 »

Sorry guys it was there plain as day on the tube, don't know how I missed it it's a MS9-29S-E
IMG_20200930_180254.jpg
I was scammed by professional leisure services in Derby, they described the cabinet in excellent working condition with great monitors, just missing all PCBs. So spent a load of money getting hold of Chihiros, midi boards, jvs etc. Come to hook it up and find the monitor is wrong, Andy's response well I said it was a project....poor show fellas. Anyway I had an GBS 8100 knocking around quickly wired it but nothing out of either monitor apart from a loud crack from on when I first turned it on. It's turning into a nightmare this project! I can't see any neck glow apart from at the very back a faint glow.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Jesus, they swapped the monitors out for two faulty, incompatible ones and called it working? **** those guys.
stevie187
Please Continue...

Post by stevie187 »

Well the juries still out on whether they are completely broke as this 8100 VGA converter board I use I have a feeling may be faulty so I have ordered another to check. But yeah swapping incompatible monitors in was not cool. There was an extra kettle lead coiled up inside so I don't know if they used to have it setup with one of their LCD conversion kits in there which they sell. Then when they came to get rid swapped it out for whatever they had spare Daytona, scud Racer setup or something. Anyway I would expect to see more life out of it/them.
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

sell the ms9 monitors and stick in some lcd
stevie187
Please Continue...

Post by stevie187 »

Thanks Grant yeah that's going to be plan b, I'm gonna see what the screen looks like when the scan is halved, if it's acceptable I will leave it at that although have been toying with idea if trying to shoe horn some cheap 32" lcd TVs in. Would be nice to get some that remembered last ,,input and ideally powered themselves on to the last state.