Blurry Monitor Issue

For monitor related issues
Samelak
eBay: Samelak

Blurry Monitor Issue

Post by Samelak »

I am fairly sure the issue is with the cabinet, but I am experiencing problems with the monitor picture. This is a Sega Blast City that I had a 2931 NANAO in. When I turn on the cabinet, I get a really blurry picture (sometimes extremely bad) but after 20 minutes, the pictures comes into better (not complete) focus. Unfortunately, the chassis took out the tube itself a few month back. So I threw in my spare NANAO MS9 monitor. It is a tested good monitor that I tried in my Astro City. With it in the Blast, same blurry picture that slowly comes into focus. I am fairly sure its a cabinet issue. I rebuilt my power supply and even tried my spare power supply...same issue. I also tried swapping in a spare I/O board and spare harness. Not sure what else it could be.
grantspain
Tech Head

Re: Blurry Monitor Issue

Post by grantspain »

crappy crt socket
Samelak

Post by Samelak »

I had a chance to pull the monitor today. I used contact cleaner on the CRT socket and the neck pins. Plus reseated all of the connections on the chassis several times. Still a blurry picture until warms up.

So I adjusted the flyback and noticed that I needed to crank the focus all the way over to get a decent picture (still not a crisp as it should be). Is my flyback going bad or weak? Are replacements available?
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

Also try to lower the contrast (not brightness).
Samelak

Post by Samelak »

Are you talking on the remote adjustment board?
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Contrast on the remote, gains on the remote. SCREEN pot on the flyback. If any of them are set too high, you can have a slightly out of focus picture.

It could be your tube too.

Follow this:

https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/How_to_C ... Brightness
mukurop
eBay: mukuro_w

Post by mukurop »

Replace the CRT socket, no need the same but just same pinouts.

Are u using a step down Transformer? If yes you should be sure that it supply just 100-110v and not less than 5a!