Toshiba PB 6643 geometry issue

For monitor related issues
mukurop
eBay: mukuro_w

Toshiba PB 6643 geometry issue

Post by mukurop »

I have already fixed 3 x toshiba PB 6643 chassis from Konami windy, they all were dead or blowing the hot after two seconds, by the way now I got a geometry issue on all chassis. basically there is a H.linearity error. At this point it could be a yoke iissue. Here is some photos, no linearity or s correction on those chassis.

IThose photos where made before convergence and colors setting now I have tested them for hours and now colors and white balance successfully done, the picture quality appear on par with nanao MS9 eccept this geometry issue.. Any advices?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
grantspain
Tech Head

Re: Toshiba PB 6643 geometry issue

Post by grantspain »

unlikely all three chassis would have same problem unless there is a particular component replaced on all three that is not quite to spec
is the tube the correct original type?
mukurop

Post by mukurop »

And yes the tube is the original one, although when i disassembled it from the cabinet i couldn't know if it had this problem or not because i didn't have a working chassis. I had to disassemble and reassemble it with a metal frame since there is no frame on the cabinet, this to be able to test it on the workbench ...

I can try to replace the polyester capacitors on the HOT and in particular the one that is connected or disconnected from the WIDE / Narrow selector wich apper to not doing absolutely nothing...As an extreme, more radical solution I could change the deflections yoke with an MS9 nanao. The tube is a Toshiba A68 and has no burn with all three guns at 100%!
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

is that a neo geo test screen?
mukurop

Post by mukurop »

Yes it is
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

does it look good on a different game board or the same?