Toei HV25LMK horizontal width coil stuck?

For monitor related issues
dos
Please Continue...
eBay: d0sdem0n

Toei HV25LMK horizontal width coil stuck?

Post by dos »

Going to preface this by saying I'm used to the MS9 in my NAC, which has horizontal width control on the remote board. I'm not very familiar with using the coil. In my MVS-U4 the horizontal width is slightly too wide, it's not unplayable but kind of annoying. I have a long fiberglass adjustment tool with a flat screwdriver head, and the coil has an indentation in it that looks like it's meant to be tuned with something like this, unlike most width coils I've seen pictures of which look like they need a hex style tool.

The coil seems to be stuck in place and won't move, I haven't applied a ton of force from fear of breaking it but it feels like it's not really supposed to be adjusted the way I'm trying. Is there a trick to these that I'm missing?
matt5cott
eBay: matt5cott
Initials: MAT

Re: Toei HV25LMK horizontal width coil stuck?

Post by matt5cott »

Mine is out of action this week as I'm shifting cabs around but there are 2 width coils iirc, one does fine, one big adjustments.

Have a look through this thread,

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11337
ImageImageImage
dos
Please Continue...
eBay: d0sdem0n

Post by dos »

​Got it working, there was some loctite like substance on both coils that could only bee seen from behind. Didn't really have to do anything, just let it warm up for a couple hours and they moved freely. The range of adjustment was not huge (almost imperceptible if you're watching the screen while adjusting) but moving both fully clockwise did just enough to not cut off the tips of health bars in fighting games or the borders in something like Money Idol Exchanger.
matt5cott
eBay: matt5cott
Initials: MAT

Post by matt5cott »

Excellent, glad you got it working 8-)
ImageImageImage