Troubleshooting a monitor for Street Fighter II

For monitor related issues
jayrawk007
Please Continue...
eBay: jayrawk007
Initials: ran

Troubleshooting a monitor for Street Fighter II

Post by jayrawk007 »

Hi! I am fixing up a Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting cab with a friend, and are learning as we go. First time trying anything like this, but I know a little about A/V, Soldering and have a multimeter. So, when the power is turned on, the sound for the game plays fine, but the monitor shows some lines and no clear picture of the game playing as it should. Maybe by looking at these pics, someone might have an idea of what the problem might be.

One thing I noticed is when looking at the knobs for the monitor, it looks like a few may be damaged. Maybe I should try to replace/fix these with a soldering iron?Also possibly the other set of knobs may need adjustment? If I remember correctly, moving some of the knobs made the lines change color and placement on the screen in some way, but no clear picture of the game has ever appeared. the lines also move by themselves from the middle of the screen to the top, and move very fast from right to left. ...Unfortunately the cabinet is at my friend's place, and I only visit him every few months, so may be a while before I post an update. Here are the pics. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jayrawk007
Please Continue...
eBay: jayrawk007
Initials: ran

Re: Troubleshooting a monitor for Street Fighter II

Post by jayrawk007 »

Is this forum only for Japanese monitors & cabs? If so, Could someone let me know :), and my apologies if I posted in the wrong forum :awe:
grantspain
Tech Head

Re: Troubleshooting a monitor for Street Fighter II

Post by grantspain »

replace the broken pots, the value are normally marked on each pot or you can cross reference the schematic