Power to Blast City Monitor

For monitor related issues
tronbaby
eBay: tronbaby
Initials: LOU

Power to Blast City Monitor

Post by tronbaby »

Hi all,

I recently bought a beautiful Blast City that’s in near mint condition. I got it home and up my stairs and the monitor isn’t powering on :(
The cab has power and when I plug a game in, sound, coin and control panel are fully working (from what I can hear). The screen seems to have just lost power somehow. I can’t see any loose cables either so I’ve eliminated the very obvious.

I’m really not sure about what I’m doing when it comes to the screen and chassis. Is there any starter advice someone can give me?

Thanks
mufunyo
eBay: mufunyo
Initials: MUF

Re: Power to Blast City Monitor

Post by mufunyo »

Monitor is probably toast.

Check if the neck glows orange when powered on.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Open up the control panel and pull on the black tabs under the monitor to pop off the bezel. Give the monitor connectors a jiggle when it's on.

It's also possible the neck board has just come off. If it's stock there's a stupid cover blocking your view from the back, so you'll need to take out the monitor. Unplug the three connectors at the front, take off the nuts at the four corners and pull out the monitor.
tronbaby
eBay: tronbaby
Initials: LOU

Post by tronbaby »

Thanks guys, looks like I need to remove to elements to get a clear view of the neck board, I'll try tomorrow.
Nem, I tried the connectors at the front and it made no difference, so I'll try removing the monitor too.
Thanks for the help. I really hope it's not toast...