Mushiking Sanwa 14" CRT

For monitor related issues
dj_johnnyg
Loves CAVE

Mushiking Sanwa 14" CRT

Post by dj_johnnyg » November 7th, 2019, 3:16 am

and my cabinet woes continue...

So I've got the mushi's linked, and all is working well, but I'm now having some major issues with monitor colour stability, so after some advice.

Cab 2 seems to be fine, but adjusting the Red and Green pots just seems to either turn the colour on or off. There is no gradual increase, it is off, you turn the pot, then it's on. Also with this monitor the crosshatch pattern isn't straight in the vertical, it's stepped, so instead of a lot of nice squares, I get rhombuses (rhombi?).

Cab 1 geometry is spot-on, and I can get a decent picture, but occasionally when I start the cab the colour is dim, but if I tweak the red pot, everything seems to come to life.

Is this a re-cap or pots, or what?

Also, and this may be a "feature" of these monitors, the horizontal size pot does frig-all (on either monitor), so I have to adjust the position as best as possible, but have some annoying cropping at the edges. It doesn't always affect the playing field, but does cut the scores / lives off on a few JAMMA boards.

Any advice appreciated.
Snakes: They're like bits of rope, only angrier.

grantspain
Tech Head

Re: Mushiking Sanwa 14" CRT

Post by grantspain » November 7th, 2019, 8:35 am

are you running one video source to both monitors?
the trap issue, does it go if you turn down contrast?

dj_johnnyg
Loves CAVE

Post by dj_johnnyg » November 15th, 2019, 12:10 am

I am usually running 1 video signal (Naomi or Riverservice JVS>JAMMA thing), but also happens if I feed each cab its own signal (2nd cab is JAMMA too).

Changing contrast doesn't seem to affect anything (apart from contrast obviously :awe:)
Snakes: They're like bits of rope, only angrier.

grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain » November 15th, 2019, 7:39 am

i would service/cap the chassis and replace the colour pots