Flyback sourcing

For monitor related issues
gozaimas
eBay: yodamiffy
Initials: GOZ

Flyback sourcing

Post by gozaimas »

Gah - the flyback in one of my cabs has failed completely so I need to source a replacement.

Google isn't being much use. Does anyone have any recommendations for places that might sell one? First time this has happened to me and I'm slightly concerned my cab is going to be out of action for months if can't source a replacement...

The model number I need is the MSH1FPU515A.
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Re: Flyback sourcing

Post by zak »

gozaimas

Post by gozaimas »

Thanks Zak. They have a pretty unorthodox business model: you email in what you're willing to pay for the part and, if they think it's acceptable, they get back to you?! Anyhow, have sent an offer. No idea how much something like this should cost though. Fingers crossed.
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

I enquired about an original Windy flyback with them. The guy wanted £75 upfront non refundable before he would even confirm they had stock.

The guy in this thread however had a much better experience. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11337
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

yosai wrote: September 18th, 2019, 8:04 am I enquired about an original Windy flyback with them. The guy wanted £75 upfront non refundable before he would even confirm they had stock.
:eh: :wtf: :palm:

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
gozaimas

Post by gozaimas »

yosai wrote: September 18th, 2019, 8:04 am I enquired about an original Windy flyback with them. The guy wanted £75 upfront non refundable before he would even confirm they had stock.

The guy in this thread however had a much better experience. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11337
Yikes. I guess, as these parts fail over the years, and become harder and harder to source, those who hold the remaining stock can run their businesses however they choose :wtf: God knows what we are all going to do in two decades, when the world's supply of CRT/ chassis parts has completely vanished. how did you manage t fix your Windy in the end?
yosai
Windy City

Post by yosai »

I didn't. I have three Windy chassis here with dead flybacks. :problem:

The last working Windy chassis I have is in one machine and the other has an MS9 which luckily uses the same tube but with a different yoke/chassis.
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

yosai wrote: September 18th, 2019, 9:02 am I didn't. I have three Windy chassis here with dead flybacks. :problem:

The last working Windy chassis I have is in one machine and the other has an MS9 which luckily uses the same tube but with a different yoke/chassis.
Didn't the Arcade Projects folk source a suitable replacement?
yosai
Windy City

Post by yosai »

I believe they were for the Windy 2. If anyone can source a replacement for a Windy 1 I'm interested.
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

yosai wrote: September 18th, 2019, 3:28 pm I believe they were for the Windy 2. If anyone can source a replacement for a Windy 1 I'm interested.
If it was up to me, I'd make all my cabs MS9 ;) just so much easier.
MDK

Post by MDK »

yosai wrote: September 18th, 2019, 3:28 pm I believe they were for the Windy 2. If anyone can source a replacement for a Windy 1 I'm interested.
It would be worth sending a working chassis to grant to get some readings from the flyback as he did with the WII, must be a suitable replacement knocking about.
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

I’ve got a working spare (w1) chassis I could send down if it helps
MDK

Post by MDK »

markedkiller78 wrote: September 20th, 2019, 4:13 pm I’ve got a working spare (w1) chassis I could send down if it helps
Sounds good.

Can contribute to postage if needed.
mukurop
eBay: mukuro_w

Post by mukurop »

I must resume this because I have a contact in China who can reproduce any kynd of flyback for 60usd, they need a flyback sample to copy. I sent them an hitachi 2435048 for neo 29 and capcom impress gmk-29fs3 chassis, they sent two repro units and Both working fine.
yosai
Windy City

Post by yosai »

mukurop wrote: October 21st, 2019, 9:52 pm I must resume this because I have a contact in China who can reproduce any kynd of flyback for 60usd, they need a flyback sample to copy. I sent them an hitachi 2435048 for neo 29 and capcom impress gmk-29fs3 chassis, they sent two repro units and Both working fine.
markedkiller78 wrote: September 20th, 2019, 4:13 pm I’ve got a working spare (w1) chassis I could send down if it helps
:think: