Do you swap mounting cages when replacing a monitor?

For monitor related issues
Darklightjg1
Please Continue...
eBay: darklightjg3450
Initials: HIM

Do you swap mounting cages when replacing a monitor?

Post by Darklightjg1 »

My replacement monitor just came in for my Blast City cabinet (a Sanwa PM1745 replacing a Nanao MS2931) and I'm waiting on a friend to come over before I attempt to lift/swap them out. However while waiting, I took a measurement of the screw holes on both mounting cages and the look to be about 1/2 inch to an inch difference in width (so it might not line up with the bolts? See pictures. The one inside the cab seems to have two different sets of holes where the ones actually mounted to the bolts on the outer corners are further apart).
What do you typically do in that scenario? The replacement monitor already had everything nicely in place in its mounting cage. I don't want to waste too much of my friend's time as I really only needed him to help me lift it.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Re: Do you swap mounting cages when replacing a monitor?

Post by nem »

You need to swap the frames. However, there's a catch, the chassis trays have different mounting points, so you'll have to think of some way to secure the chassis to the frame (zip ties?).

You can swap the frame by yourself. Just lay the monitor face down on a stool. It helps if you remove the chassis first.