WG 13K7201 flyback..

For monitor related issues
Asure
eBay: asure_nl

WG 13K7201 flyback..

Post by Asure »

Ok so I got a broken one. Seems they are very available in the USA for low dollar prices, but from China.
Looked around for a HR model. My googling says the following are compatible:

Original part:
053x0641-001 7201 series
053X0528-001 k7000(?) series

HR equivalent(s)
HR8690
HR80058
HR7717

Now this is is 13" chassis 7201 which has quite a small flyback. Reading around I see people having problems fitting the right one on the board. Even if the part no. matches they don't seem to fit.

So, anybody know where to get the flyback in Europe for decent price+shipping and one that fits on this small chassis?
PrincessPrinPrin
eBay: *mkl*
Initials: MKL

Re: WG 13K7201 flyback..

Post by PrincessPrinPrin »

How did you determine it's bad?
Asure

Post by Asure »

Clicks as if it wants to start but fails to do so. Desoldered b+ and that's all checked nothing broken in smps area, light bulb test ok but the fly back buzzed when testing. Closer inspection of the flyback shows a hole leaking magic yellow alien potting fluid :(
IMG-20190505-WA0006.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PrincessPrinPrin

The flyback buzzed during the bulb test? How is that even possible if the b+ didn't get to it? Because you isolated the b+ from the flyback/deflection, right?. It's more logical that the buzzing came from the power transformer. Now that the flyback is removed, repeat the test by jumpering the b+ and HOT collector pads where the flyback was soldered to and connect the bulb to the middle pad where the HOT was (HOT off circuit too). You need to measure voltage (126VDC) when doing the test. If the flyback is indeed bad (any more proof like a short across primary and secondary?) the only replacement you can find in Europe is the 7717 which is intended for the 7000 but it probably works on the 7200 too (unless it doesn't physically fit). The other two HR replacements are nowhere to be found and nowadays even the supply of 7717 is drying out so your best bet is ordering a flyback from the US. Or just stick to European monitors and leave WG to Americans.
Asure

Post by Asure »

I'd prefer not to play around with this WG but it came in a nice touchmaster 7000 as part of a trade, and i'm really into those touch games, like Photoplay, Megatouch etc.
Anyway, pins 1+2 are shorting with 7/9/10, i guess that is a shorted pri/sec but i really don't know much about monitors or flybacks so i'm poking in the dark and learning as i go, hoping not to electrocute myself :)

Trust me, i have thought about tossing this boat anchor (it's a 50-ish kg metal box) into the trash but the tube is burn free and 13", and i don't really want to dump it.
I have a spare CGA Philips monitor, but that would mean i have to transplant the whole thing, and the Philips is in very good shape, i don't want to do that either.
This Touchmaster is not really worth $60 even in working condition but that's what i am looking at for a flyback + shipping from USA.
Merit was way ahead of Midway and they never cought up, this is 68000 based crap in a metal box :)
PrincessPrinPrin

Asure wrote: May 11th, 2019, 6:52 pm pins 1+2 are shorting with 7/9/10, i guess that is a shorted pri/sec
If that was with flyback off chassis yes, it's shorted.