Vewlix: Replace easily your screen with a 1080p or 1440p monitor

For monitor related issues
artik
Please Continue...
eBay: jeff.artik

Re: Vewlix: replace screen with OLED 1080p monitor?

Post by artik »

Absolutly! Screens fit inside the original frame without deframing anything. This was the information I was looking for before to start, but can't really find any topic.

Again, thanks to you, because you gave me the info of the 1080p 32MP58HQ, and for 200$ I tought: ok I take the risk to do it by myself. When I received it, I started with the help of a friend to deframe all the screen without success (unfortunately, LCD panel/backlight/motherboard of the screen didn't fit in the original 720p case). So I decided to remount the screen and place the monitor in his original state (without foot) in the main Vewlix black frame, without the glass.

I think I have some pics of my first try, I'll look for them.

So, for all those who want to upgrade their screens, both LG mentioned in this topic can be replaced without any technical/electronic skills. :)
32GK850F-B). Not sure what the difference is but the frame is the same down to the RGB so it’s another option for the poorer people like me :lol:
Yours is freesync, mine gsync. Now that Nvidia supports both, there won't be any difference :D So yes, order it, and put it inside. If you need any help, I'm guide you. Just buy 2mm black isolation tape, and that's it ;) You'll from 720 to 1440... it's quite impressive
perfectcombo

Re: Vewlix: Replace easily your screen with a 1080p or 1440p monitor

Post by perfectcombo »

Thank you for this thread planning on getting a vewlix this year. Do you have any recommendations for a 1 ms monitor 1080p?
mRCaESaR
eBay: mr_caesar81
Initials: JTL

Post by mRCaESaR »

perfectcombo wrote: February 14th, 2019, 5:18 pm Thank you for this thread planning on getting a vewlix this year. Do you have any recommendations for a 1 ms monitor 1080p?
Yeah I'd be interested to know of a 1080p model too.

One that you don't have to debezel and keep the glass frame on would be awesome.
artik
Please Continue...

Post by artik »

perfectcombo wrote: February 14th, 2019, 5:18 pm Thank you for this thread planning on getting a vewlix this year. Do you have any recommendations for a 1 ms monitor 1080p?
I didn't try other models, but most recent screens (not curved haha) will fit inside. About the 1ms, don't focus on that, it's always a marketing term, that significatly drop the global quality of the picture.

For the models, I compared so much before buying that I recommend the 2 models I gave in the topic, depending of your budget.
yuroism
Please Continue...
eBay: yuroism

Post by yuroism »

Thank you @artik for all this info!

I ordered an LG 32GK650F-B from Amazon US to do the same thing you've done. I noticed you have wooden blocks under your screen. Is that to help with height? Any measurements or more info on how to do this would be great!

Merçi Beaucoup!
CPS1 Hyper Fighting
CPS2 Darksoft Multi
CPS3 Darksoft Multi
Killer Instinct 1+2
Vewlix F
artik
Please Continue...

Post by artik »

yuroism wrote: February 15th, 2019, 11:04 pm Thank you @artik for all this info!

I ordered an LG 32GK650F-B from Amazon US to do the same thing you've done. I noticed you have wooden blocks under your screen. Is that to help with height? Any measurements or more info on how to do this would be great!

Merçi Beaucoup!
You're really welcome yuroism. I placed wooden pieces because of my previous installation. You can still use the screws made for the metal pieces to maintain the original glass as well. Tomorrow I'll install a THX sound in my vewlix (honestly, the original chinese speakers are really bad quality too...), so I ordered a Logitech Z906 for 200euros, and mount it too (or at least to try haha). I think will be as funny as changing the screen, espacially finding a way to put the subwoofer :P

In this occasion, I'll take you inside pictures of the screen, as I have to change the speakers. Like this you'll clearly see how easy it is to install a new screen without unframing anything. It can be a 20min installation :) And damn, what a change... You'll love your 32GK650F. You'll see in the color settings 2 types for each color, all set at 50%. you'll have to put The all second ones at 70% (if I remember well) to have great colors, not saturated. Out of the box colors look washed, and I was really scared at the beginning. Just a matter of settings to fix it :)

Let me know or send us pictures when you did your change. And happy I helped you and maybe others!
yuroism
Please Continue...

Post by yuroism »

I would love more pictures if you can! I was thinking of adding a subwoofer too.

Do you have a solution or way to control the OSD? Or do you adjust the settings once (before installation into Vewlix)? Shame we can't extend the the little joystick to be accessible from elsewhere.
CPS1 Hyper Fighting
CPS2 Darksoft Multi
CPS3 Darksoft Multi
Killer Instinct 1+2
Vewlix F
artik
Please Continue...

Post by artik »

yuroism wrote: February 16th, 2019, 12:30 am I would love more pictures if you can! I was thinking of adding a subwoofer too.

Do you have a solution or way to control the OSD? Or do you adjust the settings once (before installation into Vewlix)? Shame we can't extend the the little joystick to be accessible from elsewhere.
I was thinking about moving the joystick too, but at the end when your screen is well set (colors, backlight...) you won't need to access the OSD anymore. You still can do it opening the back of the vewlix, but honestly since now, never had to change anything, and having the joystick hidden somewhere is a bit "dirty work" for nothing ;)
yuroism
Please Continue...

Post by yuroism »

Just to make sure, yours is a Vewlix and not a Chewlix right? You mentioned "made in china" previously. Just wanted to clarify.
CPS1 Hyper Fighting
CPS2 Darksoft Multi
CPS3 Darksoft Multi
Killer Instinct 1+2
Vewlix F
artik
Please Continue...

Post by artik »

yuroism wrote: February 16th, 2019, 12:46 am Just to make sure, yours is a Vewlix and not a Chewlix right? You mentioned "made in china" previously. Just wanted to clarify.
No mine is a chinese copy, but the screen and frame are the same, so you won't face any issue.
yuroism
Please Continue...

Post by yuroism »

We may have a problem then.

Chewlix:
056033474cd55a975f64d2fb3b66aea6.jpg
Vewlix:
b6aab516.jpg
IMG_20160319_145728_1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CPS1 Hyper Fighting
CPS2 Darksoft Multi
CPS3 Darksoft Multi
Killer Instinct 1+2
Vewlix F
artik
Please Continue...

Post by artik »

The mounting system can vary regarding the original and the copy but it doesn't matter as the LG you'll mount is thiner that the original screens (vewlix or chewlix), so the mounting system won't be used in both cases at all. Only the main black frame will be used as support for the screen (after removing the glass), and no others pieces are involved to mount it.

Tomorrow you have pictures :)
glocknyne562
eBay: glocknyne562

Post by glocknyne562 »

Can't wait for the pictures!
artik
Please Continue...

Post by artik »

Pictures, as promised. As you can see, the original vewlix black frame has a bezel, that will be stuck to the screen (because of the glass removing). Don't forget the 2mm isolation tape (that you can see in dark brown on my pictures).

Simple as this, and the result is perfect!

yuroism
Please Continue...

Post by yuroism »

Wow. Thank you @Artik! That really helps to understand how you got it in there. You said earlier the wooden pieces aren't needed?
CPS1 Hyper Fighting
CPS2 Darksoft Multi
CPS3 Darksoft Multi
Killer Instinct 1+2
Vewlix F
artik
Please Continue...

Post by artik »

yuroism wrote: February 17th, 2019, 3:45 am Wow. Thank you @Artik! That really helps to understand how you got it in there. You said earlier the wooden pieces aren't needed?
Yes it's that easy. So any 32' will fit. When a 4k 32 OLED monitor will be released, we know how to do haha :P

The iron pieces are "sharp", and because of the vertical weight of the screen, I felt better to not let the weight goes on sharp pieces, so I switch to wooden pieces for the bottom maintain ;)
glocknyne562
eBay: glocknyne562

Post by glocknyne562 »

Did you have to remove the clear glass that was supposed to be in between the bezel and monitor?
artik
Please Continue...

Post by artik »

Hi glocknyne562

Yes and for 4 main reasons:

- Much less reflections, almost 0 (as the panel is matte)
- The screen is closer to you, because of the 3mm glass, and improve the feeling that the screen and the original Vewlix frame is one piece
- No dust anymore between the screen and the glass
- Easier to fix using the glass fixations

Of course, you still can keep it if you prefer. Personal tastes ;)
mRCaESaR
eBay: mr_caesar81
Initials: JTL

Post by mRCaESaR »

So is it safe to assume the original vewlix doesn't have a glass front?
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

it does, frosted glass.
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat