Is the Makvision chassis compatible with Blast City Nanao Tube?

For monitor related issues
Darklightjg1
Please Continue...
eBay: darklightjg3450
Initials: HIM

Re: Is the Makvision chassis compatible with Blast City Nanao Tube?

Post by Darklightjg1 »

New situation/question: So I ended up getting a whole new tube and chassis (I believe it is a Sanwa PM1745), but while most of the cords are connected between the tube and chassis, I don't know how I'm going to get it connected to the arcade cabinet itself (this board on the Sega Blast City):
https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Sega_Bla ... ring_Guide

...All this other stuff is already plugged into the Blast City board and everything else was operational as far as I could tell. I don't want to mess that stuff up.
There is one part of the Sanwa chassis that I'm guessing is the video signal connector or something? Maybe not? Can someone help tell me what this is?

It is connected to two parts of the chassis board (where the blue cord is going and where the black and white cord in the back is):

... What I wanted to try was using this connector from the original nanao chassis, but Idk if I can just plug it into the new chassis. It's the only part(s) with a cord from the cabinet that would actually reach where the chassis is.

Is this something I can actually do, or would I need something else to connect this chassis to the arcade? I have NOT attempted to turn this thing on yet and don't even know if it will work in the end (just hope it does).
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Darklightjg1 wrote: June 3rd, 2019, 12:48 amThere is one part of the Sanwa chassis that I'm guessing is the video signal connector or something? Maybe not? Can someone help tell me what this is?

It's an all-in-one connector, just like the one you have for the original Nanao chassis. It has AC power, demag switch and RGB input. Compared to the one on the Nanao, it's just a different connector shell. The one on the Sanwa is a Mate-n-lok and the one on the Nanao is a AMP UP connector.

The pinout for the connector is on the right. It has everything you need. It would be a 20 minute job to whip up an adapter in between the Blast City harness and the monitor. The connectors and pins can be found on Digikey, then you just need some wire and a crimping tool.

... What I wanted to try was using this connector from the original nanao chassis, but Idk if I can just plug it into the new chassis. It's the only part(s) with a cord from the cabinet that would actually reach where the chassis is.

Most likely the connectors on the board are different.
Darklightjg1
Please Continue...
eBay: darklightjg3450
Initials: HIM

Post by Darklightjg1 »

nem wrote: June 3rd, 2019, 12:41 pm
Darklightjg1 wrote: June 3rd, 2019, 12:48 amThere is one part of the Sanwa chassis that I'm guessing is the video signal connector or something? Maybe not? Can someone help tell me what this is?

It's an all-in-one connector, just like the one you have for the original Nanao chassis. It has AC power, demag switch and RGB input. Compared to the one on the Nanao, it's just a different connector shell. The one on the Sanwa is a Mate-n-lok and the one on the Nanao is a AMP UP connector.

The pinout for the connector is on the right. It has everything you need. It would be a 20 minute job to whip up an adapter in between the Blast City harness and the monitor. The connectors and pins can be found on Digikey, then you just need some wire and a crimping tool.

Most likely the connectors on the board are different.
I want to ask since this is an area I'm too green at, is the in between-adapter for these specific connectors something you or someone else can make and I could pay a fair price for? PrincessPrinPrin made an adapter for the vertical yoke connector that I paid for shipping before, but I wouldn't have minded if the adapter was also charged.

Also is there a good tutorial for making adapters for this kind of thing? Like I said, I'm not familiar with it. You mentioned the Mate-n-lok and AMP UP, but are there specific pins as well? I could try my hand, but as a backup I'd like one from someone who knows how to do it right.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Darklightjg1 wrote: June 3rd, 2019, 9:37 pmI want to ask since this is an area I'm too green at, is the in between-adapter for these specific connectors something you or someone else can make and I could pay a fair price for?
Provided I have the AMP UP pins needed, yes, I can make you one. PM me to remind me.