Initial d monitor(s) is funky.

For monitor related issues
Hrvat9
eBay: hrvaat

Initial d monitor(s) is funky.

Post by Hrvat9 »

Just got a twin cab setup of initial d 3 ( been looking for ages) been taking to the operator for months and I finally got them. Both monitors worked then , slave side was all blue but at least worked. Now it’s out completely but master side was still good. Got them home and powered up the master side only to see this
Imagescreen shot software

That’s with the vga unplugged as I waned to rule out the naomi, it works fine on my lcd. When the vga is plugged in you can just barely see the game playing in the background. It almost looks like some sort of interference ?the lines on the screen are moving or sort of shaking I guess. No adjustments fix the issue, remote board is good
candy: Sega New Astro City x2, Sega Versus City (sold)
Seeeegggggaaaaaa
grantspain
Tech Head

Re: Initial d monitor(s) is funky.

Post by grantspain »

check for bad solder joints and make sure neck card is fully home
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

also check the remote board is connected properly give it a bit of a nudge etc ,had similar issue with my id cab and monitor

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
Hrvat9
eBay: hrvaat

Post by Hrvat9 »

Well here’s some good news and some bad news lol

I got one working,the master side that is. I pulled the chassis out and noticed one cap was busted off probably from the move, soldered it back in and bam screen is stable. Fast forward till today, I turn it on to start diagnosing why the other Naomi 2 is black screening and I start to hear a bunch of popping. I look at the back and literally see a thunderstorm coming out from under the anode cap and then nothing ...screen is out again :(. There aren’t any cracks in the tube, chassis didn’t blow fuse either. I took the cap off and cleaned around it also with a rag before and it was fine. Did the fly back just crap out?
candy: Sega New Astro City x2, Sega Versus City (sold)
Seeeegggggaaaaaa
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

i imagine this is a digital chassis, could be flyback or could be the hv regulation pcb