Nanao MS8-25FA

For monitor related issues
copados33
Please Continue...
eBay: psycho-q

Nanao MS8-25FA

Post by copados33 »

My 25" monitor started to give me troubles today after not using this cab for months, the issue can be seen in the following video, the picture is all shaky on the sides, it expands and contracts every 10-20 seconds, it gets better after a few minutes with the cab turned on until the problem goes away completely, is this something that can fe fixed by changing all the capacitors, if that's the case, does anyone have a cap list for this model?

see 1:33

My only other option is to ditch this chassis completely and throw a spare MS9 in there as @grantspain once suggested, also according to jomac this model is a POS not worth to repair.
FriedGoat
Please Continue...
eBay: Friedg0at

Re: Nanao MS8-25FA

Post by FriedGoat »

I wouldn't mind knowing the answer to this, mine has a very similar issue although mine is more vertical shifting than horizontal!
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

the picture is changing both vertically and horizontally in size, this points towards the b+ being slightly unstable- most likely will be a cap or bad solder joint
copados33
Please Continue...
eBay: psycho-q

Post by copados33 »

It only changes horizontally, but due the dynamic focus of the camera it might appear that it also changes vertically buts it's just an effect of the camera, I shouldn't have turned the lights off.
Hieroneus

Post by Hieroneus »

I read use an ms9 chassis? Ms9 chassis works in an 25 inches tube?
Thank you
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

Hieroneus wrote: September 4th, 2018, 7:46 pm I read use an ms9 chassis? Ms9 chassis works in an 25 inches tube?
Thank you
a ms9-29 will work on a ms8-25 ( not ms8-26) tube although you will need to make an adapter for the vertical deflection
Hieroneus

Post by Hieroneus »

Good to know, i have an ms8-25far, for now is working fine, and i am happy with the image quality, but maybe in the future i could need a working chassis.