Vewlix / Sanwa VGA input issue

For monitor related issues
wigsplitta
Savile's alibi

Vewlix / Sanwa VGA input issue

Post by wigsplitta »

The Sanwa LCD in my Vewlix has an issue with the VGA input. Anyone experienced this and have any suggestions what to check/test/replace?

The DVI input works fine, but VGA shows a "No Signal" error. I've tried connecting it to various devices (Taito X2, Naomi, TvC, xbox) including my laptop.
The lappy shows that it's connected to a Sanwa display with the correct 1360 x 768 resolution, but the LCD still shows No Signal.

I Got PAID...
ウィッグスプリッター - スーパーガレージゲームセンター。
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Re: Vewlix / Sanwa VGA input issue

Post by Jan »

excuse the stupid question but did you switch to vga in on (input select) the remote board ?
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Post by crunchywasp »

Don’t the Sanwa screens auto-switch? It’s been ages since I used anything but VGA on my F and I can’t remember :oops:
wigsplitta
Savile's alibi

Post by wigsplitta »

Jan wrote:excuse the stupid question but did you switch to vga in on (input select) the remote board ?
I think I did...but I might be missing something. There's a 'select' button on the remote board, but not an input select that I can see.
I get the feeling that the select button should change inputs because when it's pressed, the 'No Signal' disappears for a few seconds before returning - like it's switching over to the vga channel, unable to see an input, and then switching back to dvi - but I could be wrong on that.
crunchywasp wrote:Don’t the Sanwa screens auto-switch? It’s been ages since I used anything but VGA on my F and I can’t remember :oops:
I get the impression that they should do, as there's no input select/change option in the on screen menu.
Possibly the select button could switch input if the vga and dvi inputs were both active at the same time?
I Got PAID...
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

Anything in the menu to change input?
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

yep. select outside the menue will allow you to select the imput, iirc. i can check tomorrow if you like. have you tried a different vga cable ?
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
wigsplitta
Savile's alibi

Post by wigsplitta »

yosai wrote:Anything in the menu to change input?
Sadly not:
IMG_0983.jpg
Jan wrote:yep. select outside the menue will allow you to select the imput, iirc. i can check tomorrow if you like. have you tried a different vga cable ?
If you could have a look, that'd be great. I've tried a couple of different vga cables, plus dvi --> vga. Double checked them on working PCs & monitor combos, so i'm starting to think it's something iffy with the i/o board.
There's still a chance i'm missing something, like a dedicated input select that i've somehow overlooked
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I Got PAID...
wigsplitta
Savile's alibi

Post by wigsplitta »

ok, definitley looks like an issue with the i/o board. I just turned the INFO OSD setting on.

It now displays info about the input:

When i press the Select button it switches to VGA input

Then shows no signal (laptop currently connected)

Then reverts back to dvi

Thanks for the help chaps. I'll have a look into seeing if I can get it repaired.
I Got PAID...
NaokiS
Please Continue...
eBay: NaokiS
Initials: NKS

Post by NaokiS »

Check the board for any solder cracks around VGA pins 13 and 14. If you have any sync issues, check those as that's the VGA C/H-Sync and V/Sync respectively.
Dreams of owning Dancing Stage EuroMIX 2 and Time Crisis 3/4
wigsplitta
Savile's alibi

Post by wigsplitta »

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll have a look at it tomorrow and let you know :D
I Got PAID...