Has anybody done an extension cable?

For monitor related issues
zumbito
eBay: jaime5171

Has anybody done an extension cable?

Post by zumbito »

Im still trying to figure out the best way of working with my monitors. I don't have a table at the warehouse or spare PSUs to setup a testing rig, so I thought I could just build an extension cable, so I can place them in the ground while adjusting them, without having to detach the cables from the actual cab. Has anybody done this? Amp connectors seem quite straightforward to do, but remote board connectors are another story, they are very weird and use those flat multiple lines cable, are those sold together?
FrancoB
J+ member of the year finalist!
eBay: francosquashking
Initials: FRN

Re: Has anybody done an extension cable?

Post by FrancoB »

A lot of monitors seem to use [JST EH series] connectors for the adjustment board. The adjustment board for the Toei TC-RM25J in my Pony Mk3 25 is anything but remote and was a pain to adjust so I made a extension cable for it so I can relocate it under the CP.

IIRC I used 7/0.2 wire as 16/0.2 was a little too thick for the contacts. You could use ribbon cable if you wanted to.

At the time I couldn't buy both 10 way and 13 way plugs and receptacles without buying a boxes of 1000 so I bought 13 way plugs/receptacles and cutting them down to size.
zumbito
eBay: jaime5171

Post by zumbito »

FrancoB wrote:A lot of monitors seem to use [JST EH series] connectors for the adjustment board. The adjustment board for the Toei TC-RM25J in my Pony Mk3 25 is anything but remote and was a pain to adjust so I made a extension cable for it so I can relocate it under the CP.

IIRC I used 7/0.2 wire as 16/0.2 was a little too thick for the contacts. You could use ribbon cable if you wanted to.

At the time I couldn't buy both 10 way and 13 way plugs and receptacles without buying a boxes of 1000 so I bought 13 way plugs/receptacles and cutting them down to size.

Wow thats a lot of work, ATM what I did is unfasten the remote board cable from the machine frame, and have it as a spare, for the monitors I have to test. Not the best solution, but right now I have to many projects and would get crazy doing these cables...
o1s1n
eBay: astro_oisin

Post by o1s1n »

FrancoB wrote:A lot of monitors seem to use [JST EH series] connectors for the adjustment board. The adjustment board for the Toei TC-RM25J in my Pony Mk3 25 is anything but remote and was a pain to adjust so I made a extension cable for it so I can relocate it under the CP.

Hey Franco - I actually have a similar chassis in a cab , a Toei TC-RM25T. Any chance you'd ever think of creating a few more of these extenders for sale?

Was looking to see if I could find a remote board for it online, never dawned on me to try and extend the existing one that was on the chassis.