MS9 convergence woes

For monitor related issues
GeekMan1222
Please Continue...
eBay: geekman2005

MS9 convergence woes

Post by GeekMan1222 »

So my monitor started falling out of convergence after a rotation in the top left corner and a tad in the top right corner. It had minor convergence issues on a whole in the past but i didnt bother with it.

So now that its to the point its pretty noticeable i decided to learn how to do convergence with the static rings on the neck. MAN is this driving my OCD bonkers. I can get it dialed in almost prefect but a few spots always show up after looking again. (its like your eyes start to play tricks on you) I fiddle and throw it all off again and start over. Mainly the red and blue. :lol: :eh: :wtf:

As far as the corners go I made some convergence strips which work great but i adjust or add/remove those after redialing in the center.

Im guessing its nearly impossible to get perfect convergence. I used to think it was perfect but now i guess that i know what im looking for i cant unsee flaws :cry:

I can add pictures soon, calling it a night after spending hours on that thing

Any tips from anyone for a first timer
1x New Astro City, 1x Madonna, 1x G-Balance
grantspain
Tech Head

Re: MS9 convergence woes

Post by grantspain »

put a photo of grid test pattern up and then we will see how ocd you are being
GeekMan1222
Please Continue...

Post by GeekMan1222 »

yeah ill get a pic in a few mins here, i think i just need to go ahead and order a cap kit, after i got the convergence setup pretty well and back in the cab its drifted off again... ugh i been putting that off for the longest time too shame on me
Well this is a learning experiance at best so im still happy :lol: :D

Also if you look really close you can see the green is now also slightly out of wack in the center region lol (which it was not before a few days ago before i put the crt back in the astro)

Im wondering now too if the dynamic convergence yoke thing got loosend up on the rubber boots and glue (i didnt mess with that was a bit worried to fiddle with that) But if i return the static convergence rings back to factory which is where they used to be before i started the convergence of RED is pulled way off to the left side and the blue iirc would sit ever so slightly to the bottom right.

Im gonna go ahead and order a cap kit anyways the chassis is due for one
Last edited by GeekMan1222 on February 18th, 2018, 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
GeekMan1222
Please Continue...

Post by GeekMan1222 »

grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

well its not bad for a crt but I think you only option is some more convergence strips