Chinese Vewlix.

For monitor related issues
Jump
Please Continue...
eBay: NoobRoller

Chinese Vewlix.

Post by Jump »

Greetings.

Has anyone mounted a monitor in a Chinese Vewlix? I know they don't have standard mounting specifications.

I am looking at importing a few empty Chinese Vewlix's, I plan on ordering next week(Empty cab for many reasons: cheap speakers, amp, power supply, possibility of knock off levers/buttons, etc). The best monitors the manufacturer's are able to provide are 2011 Samsung TFT panels with 8ms response time. I figure I could probably do better with the technology advances since 2011. For instance I've seen several 32inch IPS monitors(which should fit perfectly, with nothing glaring standing out as an after market monitor, assuming I can mount them) with 5ms response, having a smaller response time and a 180 degree viewing angle, and larger color representation is much better obviously.

I'm mainly building these cabs to play fighting games.

Anyone with any real experience on these things?

Failing that, how easy would jerry-rigging a makeshift mount be?

I've provided some images that the manufacturers have provided.

PS. I searched through pages and pages of vewlix related posts before posting, so if I missed something, please just let me know.

Cheers.

Edit: Or is 8ms panel good enough if all I do is play fighting games? The model is LTA320HN02 which they could mount in the machine should I chose.
tronbaby
eBay: tronbaby
Initials: LOU

Re: Chinese Vewlix.

Post by tronbaby »

Hi, I'm thinking of doing the exact same thing. Where did you get your original cab from, any links?
Thanks
Jump
Please Continue...

Post by Jump »

PM'd.
suicidalmonkey

Post by suicidalmonkey »

I've thought about doing something similar quite a few times over the years, but I keep talking myself out of it. I've spent WAAAYYYY too long looking up stupid clone Vewlix stuff over the years...here's two monitor install by a couple of korean Vewlix clone owners:

http://blog.naver.com/camelkill/220727051426

http://blog.naver.com/sky0sea/220722998830

The way the monitors are mounted is a bit of a hack job any way you try to go about it, apparently.

Best bet would be to find a suitable performance monitor that hopefully has a VESA compatible mount, and then making an adapter bracket.
Jump
Please Continue...

Post by Jump »

Appreciate the links.

I decided to just go with the 1080p samsung panel they offered, as I didn't want a hack job that would hurt resale value. It has 8ms GTG response time, which should be enough for 60fps fighters. I decided to go with some fully built models, with pandora's box 4s+, wired coin op, etc. And then an astro city themed panel with no wiring for the ps4. I just got pictures of the fully built machines, they ship next week. :)