Vewlix Dia (VGA Input) only 640 x 229 Resolution

For monitor related issues
Supersidekicks
Please Continue...

Vewlix Dia (VGA Input) only 640 x 229 Resolution

Post by Supersidekicks »

Possibly someone already has a Dreamcast connected to a Vewlix Dia and had maybe the same problems.

Setup:
- Japanese Dreamcast
- Bear Bros VGA Torro Box
- VGA Cable to VGA Port
- Swtich on the Torro Box set to VGA

No matter what game is playing, if I press the menu button on the Vewlix it shows the resolution is 640 x 229.

PS4 is OK 1920 x 1080 on the DVI Port.

someone has an idea why?

Today I will connect the Dreamcast to my old plasma to exclude the Dreamcast as a source of error

(googletranslator)
d123456
Please Continue...

Re: Vewlix Dia (VGA Input) only 640 x 229 Resolution

Post by d123456 »

But is the image bad or are you just wondering why the screen says 640 x 229 Resolution?
Perhaps the vga box is not set to vga. I expect something like this when the vga box is NOT set to vga. Try the other setting, which you probably already have done.

I suspect either the vga box or the screen that is causing the drama, not the Dreamcast

Kinda of topic
I actually have a monitor that accepts Gunbird2 with vga box (I think I have the Hanzo) set to 15khz.
This means full screen gunbird 2 without the slowdown normally associated with running Gunbird 2 in 31khz.
radiantsvgun
Please Continue...
eBay: Radiantsvgun
Initials: RIC

Post by radiantsvgun »

Supersidekicks wrote:Possibly someone already has a Dreamcast connected to a Vewlix Dia and had maybe the same problems.

Setup:
- Japanese Dreamcast
- Bear Bros VGA Torro Box
- VGA Cable to VGA Port
- Swtich on the Torro Box set to VGA

No matter what game is playing, if I press the menu button on the Vewlix it shows the resolution is 640 x 229.

PS4 is OK 1920 x 1080 on the DVI Port.

someone has an idea why?

Today I will connect the Dreamcast to my old plasma to exclude the Dreamcast as a source of error

(googletranslator)
I don't have the same VGA box, but I can try this when I get home- are you wanting the DC to be full screen and its not?
Supersidekicks
Please Continue...

Post by Supersidekicks »

[quote="d123456"]But is the image bad or are you just wondering why the screen says 640 x 229 Resolution?]

It is hard to say a 480p picture on a 32 "LCD always looks not so good.
If I look at YT Videos where the people connect their dreamcast to a Vewlix, I always think it looks good, but on my Setup, I think it looks very bad.

Perhaps it can be that a 720P Vewlix Display probably represents a better 480P picture than a 1080P display.

if the display at least 640x480 would indicate, then I could stop thinking about whether the picture could be even better or not. :)

85% Settings and setup and 15% Playtime :problem:
radiantsvgun
Please Continue...
eBay: Radiantsvgun
Initials: RIC

Post by radiantsvgun »

I don't know if it is the dreamcast or the VGA box, but DC looks horrible on the DIA. Naomi looks fine but DC is a fuzzy mess, like a camera out of focus.