Astro City Monitor Issue

For monitor related issues
swisstoni
eBay: Keith.Beesting

Astro City Monitor Issue

Post by swisstoni »

My Astro City monitor (MS8 with an MS9 chassis) was perfectly working decided to rotate it to vertical today but got the issue as shown in the video below, picture comes on for a second goes off then turns black I do have sound just no picture, all cables are connected, we would appreciate if anyone could please help? Many Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACUedfzkTPg
Last edited by swisstoni on January 7th, 2018, 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grantspain
Tech Head

Re: Astro City Monitor Issue

Post by grantspain »

did you plug the vertical deflection coil connector back in ok?
swisstoni

Post by swisstoni »

The only thing I unplugged was the connector cable to the pot board under the control panel, done it loads of times before never an issue so can only think something has come loose when ive rotated the monitor ive had a quick look inside the cab nothing seems to be unplugged also tried reseating the connector cable on the pot board hmmm
bagheera369

Post by bagheera369 »

Make sure your adjustment board (if your chassis has one) connections at board and chassis are good, and make sure your yoke connection is good.

Past that, it almost looks like vert collapse, but then it goes blank, like no power.

If you have any solder joints that were cracked on the chassis, when you turned it sideways, they may now not be connecting, which could be your problem as you said you didn't unhook anything else.

Just a couple things to get you started, and I wish you luck.
swisstoni

Post by swisstoni »

Ok had some time over Xmas had the monitor out check all wiring unplugged and replugged everything in exactly the same issue monitor comes on clicks and then seems to go off almost as though its shutting itself down but I can hear the game sounds in the background? Any other suggestions would be appreciated cheers.
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

the click is the monitor going into shutdown, there are a ton of things that will cause that-if all you connectors are fine and the tube is not damaged then chassis fault is most likely. how are the fuses on the chassis?