Blast City Monitor Question

For monitor related issues
JAG555
Please Continue...
eBay: Fishcoral

Blast City Monitor Question

Post by JAG555 »

Hello,

I have just acquired by second Blast City. It's been running fine, while I clean it up.

I went to turn it on this morning from the wall (I hardly ever use the power button under the CP) and the lights and sound worked fine, but the screen looked like interference. I tried this a few times, but no change. Then I used the power button on the front and it worked fine 4/5 times.

I am just running a PB4 for testing until I get my Naomi in there.

Any idea what is causing this and why there would be a difference between the wall power socket switch and the CP power switch?

Thanks in Advance.
JAG555
Please Continue...

Re: Blast City Monitor Question

Post by JAG555 »

Oh, one thing to add is that this morning I replaced the small florescent bulb in the marquee that was shot.

I assume this isn't the cause though......
RMRM

Post by RMRM »

I was going to refer the bulb (and their components) precisely since it's a part known to cause interference in the picture, i had the same problem in a Naomi.

No idea about different switches. On my cabs sometimes i use their own switch and sometimes the wall power socket and never had any problems.
geert01
Please Continue...
eBay: braam01

Post by geert01 »

Perhaps you changed 1 of the dipswitches for hertz settings on the remote board of the monitor?
JAG555
Please Continue...

Post by JAG555 »

RMRM wrote:I was going to refer the bulb (and their components) precisely since it's a part known to cause interference in the picture, i had the same problem in a Naomi.

No idea about different switches. On my cabs sometimes i use their own switch and sometimes the wall power socket and never had any problems.
Thanks for the reply, I had a play about with the bulb and it's fine now, so yes, I think it was interference from the bulb.

It was a new bulb, so maybe needed a slight bedding in period.
RMRM

Post by RMRM »

Glad you solved it :thumbupright:
JAG555
Please Continue...

Post by JAG555 »

geert01 wrote:Perhaps you changed 1 of the dipswitches for hertz settings on the remote board of the monitor?
Thanks for the reply, I did think this, but it looks like it was bulb interference or I think so. However, it did look like the wrong hertz setting.
GeekMan1222
Please Continue...
eBay: geekman2005

Post by GeekMan1222 »

whoa thats crazy i didnt know the bulb could cause such interferance, glad its working now
1x New Astro City, 1x Madonna, 1x G-Balance