NAC swap out monitor mask?

For monitor related issues
Sp33dFr34k
eBay: 3d_collector

NAC swap out monitor mask?

Post by Sp33dFr34k »

I think I already know the answer, but can't really find it anywhere. Is there are monitor mask in existence that fits a New Astro City for a flat tube?

Just picked up a Samsung flat tube yesterday which came out of an Atomiswave cab and works fine, but in terms of fitting the monitor mask it's a disaster :)

Tried a NNC monitor mask yesterday but that doesn't fit at all as it's completely different.

For reference, here the two monitors next to each other.

denson
eBay: chubba100

Re: NAC swap out monitor mask?

Post by denson »

NNC would have been my best guess had you not already tried it... I think someone once fitted the original NAC bezel with black foam filling the gaps?! Alternatively it would mean adapting an original bezel permanently with filler etc and painting.

Mo may have spare bezels if you decide to go that route, if there isn't an off the shelf solution out there that is :)
Asure
eBay: asure_nl

Post by Asure »

Nothing from a NNC/NUC will fit into an Astro. If there are gaps, you could fill those with black foam strips so the neon light will not shine thru. I advise against modifying the mask permanently, as this will devaluate the grailness offcourse..

Out of interest, what is the tube identification, and which chassis are you using it with?
Sp33dFr34k

Post by Sp33dFr34k »

Not at home at the moment, but it's the Samsung flat tube with Wei-Ya 3129D chassis that Jan had up for sale on here.

I was afraid nothing would fit out of the box. Do you have a tip where in NL I could purchase this foam? :)
Asure
eBay: asure_nl

Post by Asure »

For example, this stuff on bol.com could work out for you. 10 meters to play around with :)

PM Sent in regards to your old tube / chassis combo that might have come out of the Astro.. :)
Last edited by Asure on December 16th, 2016, 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sp33dFr34k

Post by Sp33dFr34k »

Cool, will have a look thanks!
Londoncalling
Please Continue...

Post by Londoncalling »

You need the gap filler from Riverservice.

http://www.rs2006.co.jp/e/29crt/
KmanSweden
KmanSweden
eBay: KmanSweden
Initials: PKK

Post by KmanSweden »

:pointup: :ugeek:
Yeah, this.. I have had one. You'll also need to hang the monitor on the other other side och the frame.. I'll see if I can find some pics of the one I used to have..

Edit: PICS added..
Up the Irons!
Sp33dFr34k

Post by Sp33dFr34k »

Ah, you've bolted it to the inside of the frame so it falls deeper within the cab, didn't think of that as indeed it does hit the monitor mask by a few mm.

Will try both your suggestions :thumbup:
DaveyD
eBay: Dr_Daph
Initials: DPD

Post by DaveyD »

That filler from River service really does show just how much difference there is between the tubes. Im quite surprised how big the difference is :whoa:
bloodhokuto
eBay: coryoon

Post by bloodhokuto »

Sorry to change the subject, but on that river service link there is also a neck cover that replaces the back cover on an Astro.

Is it the case that the neck sticks out when you tate it - is that correct, never heard of that?
Stompp
Please Continue...
eBay: uridium
Initials: DAD

Post by Stompp »

bloodhokuto wrote:Sorry to change the subject, but on that river service link there is also a neck cover that replaces the back cover on an Astro.

Is it the case that the neck sticks out when you tate it - is that correct, never heard of that?
I used to have a Tosh PF in one of my Astros and yes, the neck does stick out on the back. I also had to put shims between the frame and the monitor for dropping it further back. Otherwise it wouldn't fit behind the mask. Now that I've got one of those RS fillers the Tosh will again end up in a NAC at some point :awe:

Here's a few pics from the first attempt:
Image Image Image Image Image Image
KmanSweden
KmanSweden

Post by KmanSweden »

Stompp wrote:
bloodhokuto wrote:Sorry to change the subject, but on that river service link there is also a neck cover that replaces the back cover on an Astro.

I used to have a Tosh PF in one of my Astros and yes, the neck does stick out on the back. I also had to put shims between the frame and the monitor for dropping it further back. Otherwise it wouldn't fit behind the mask. Now that I've got one of those RS fillers the Tosh will again end up in a NAC at some point :awe:

Here's a few pics from the first attempt:
Image Image Image Image Image Image
No no no.. The NECK does NOT stick out. It's the frame rail. It can be moved so there is no need to have a big hump on the back side of your cab..
Last edited by KmanSweden on January 19th, 2017, 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Up the Irons!
KmanSweden
KmanSweden

Post by KmanSweden »

Maybe it was moved like this..
Up the Irons!
Stompp
Please Continue...
eBay: uridium
Initials: DAD

Post by Stompp »

KmanSweden wrote:No no no.. The NECK does NOT stick out. It's the frame rail. It can be moved so there is no need to have a big hump on the back side of your cab..
True, it's the frame rail that sticks out, my bad. It's been a while :oops:
Londoncalling
Please Continue...

Post by Londoncalling »

A friend of mine ordered that rear cover that pops out and it wasn't necessary.. just wasted money. As for the gap filler, you can make one yourself but the Riverservice one is really spot on and will save you the work. :thumbup: :thumbupright: