Wei Ya 3129A Chassis won't start

For monitor related issues
Sp33dFr34k
eBay: 3d_collector

Wei Ya 3129A Chassis won't start

Post by Sp33dFr34k »

Okay, in order to be as complete as I can I will write up the full story.

I've moved about a month ago and my cab (NAC) has been sitting in the garage since until we dragged it upstairs today. Completely dismantled it and rebuilt the cab when we've got the parts upstairs.

Now, after putting it back together we've managed to play some games, the Punisher on CPS 1.5, Premier Soccer which is a Konami PCB and we've played for about 30-45 minutes before swapping it out for the Naomi. It took a long time to show image on the Naomi which was kinda strange, it took longer and longer after rebooting, later on the Naomi bootscreen turned black instead of white and after that it was dead.

The result, the chassis keeps clicking and clicking endlessly and doesn't show ANY image, nor is there any static. The chassis does read 110v though so it does get power.

You'd say we f'ed something up during the move upstairs, but we did manage to get some decent playtime out of it before it went out, so that's a bit weird.

Any suggestions?
grantspain
Tech Head

Re: Wei Ya 3129A Chassis won't start

Post by grantspain »

look for bad solder joint or loose neck card
Sp33dFr34k

Post by Sp33dFr34k »

Thanks for the quick reply Grant. Neckboard sits toght and secure. How would one go best about bad solder joints, which region would be best to start with?
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

these are bloody **** chassis tbh

bad solder joint could be anywhere but you should also check the horizontal output transistor and the vertical deflection ic-also look for any bad electrolytic capacitors

i hate these chassis,only chassis worse than this is wg d9200
Sp33dFr34k

Post by Sp33dFr34k »

Tell me about it, the second time it breaks down and I've barely had any playtime...

I've replaced the vertical IC last time, you were able to make a clear diagnose, it seems this time it's a bit worse :(

I will have a look into it, in case I won't be able to fix it, can I send the damn thing from hell your way Grant?
PascalP
Please Continue...
eBay: peule_p
Initials: PPP

Post by PascalP »

Sp33dFr34k wrote:Tell me about it, the second time it breaks down and I've barely had any playtime...

I've replaced the vertical IC last time, you were able to make a clear diagnose, it seems this time it's a bit worse :(

I will have a look into it, in case I won't be able to fix it, can I send the damn thing from hell your way Grant?
Don't forget to mention that the dead vertical IC was when the board came new out of the box :(
Sp33dFr34k

Post by Sp33dFr34k »

Ah yes indeed, maybe I'm better off looking for a replacement monitor that accepts 31Khz.