Toshiba PF hates 15khz over JAMMA...

For monitor related issues
Loki
Please Continue...
eBay: gediegener
Initials: LOK

Re: Toshiba PF hates 15khz over JAMMA...

Post by Loki »

Hey guys,

I'l raise this topic again because I am facing a similar issue.
A friend picked up a D29C051 monitor as well to replace the current one in his Atomiswave cab.

We tried some things meanwhile to get 15kHz running without any success (anyhow it will not work over Jamma).

Some information what we have tried and figured out till yet:
- Toshiba is running with 15kHz if we connect a Naomi board directly to the monitor via VGA.
- tried to get a CPS2 board running via VGA cable over Jamma harness, not working (The CPS2 board is running with the other monitor, so there is not issue)

- it seems that the v sync has an additional connector in the bottom of the cab to split it out from the VGA. but there was no change with or without the v sync on the 15k/25k header which confuses me a lot.

please find enclosed some picture (due to any reasons I have trouble t include single photos into the board.... :oops: )
[url]https://www.dropbox.com/sh/violw0q7nilr ... a?dl=0/url]

Some ideas what's going wrong here? From my perspective it seems that my friend and myself have overlooked something.
We would really appreciate some support.
Last edited by Loki on January 4th, 2017, 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
monouchi
Polishing his shaft
eBay: monouchi_jn
Initials: BUS

Post by monouchi »

Dropbox is blocked at my work so cant see any pics.

But a CPS2 in a AWSD cab with Tosh monitor would be very straight forward.
-Connect CPS2 to jamma, connect the vga on the floor to the 15kHz input of the Tosh, if the picture doesnt sync, change the small sync-connector in the harness.

I have a CPS2 running like this in my Tosh AWSD cab right now.
Asure
eBay: asure_nl

Post by Asure »

I had similar problems with a sanwa pfx, it does not like cps2 over jamma. I added a sync stripper lm1881 circuit on my voltmeter board and everything was solved.
Loki
Please Continue...
eBay: gediegener
Initials: LOK

Post by Loki »

sorry guys, I am still struggling with the sync connection here.
I added a sync stripper lm1881 circuit on my voltmeter board and everything was solved.
I don't get you in detail what I need to add here. Can you explain a bit more what to do?
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

http://retrorgb.com/syncstripperdiy.html

Instructions how to build your own. Put it in a jamma extender or a pass through and you have something that can be easily added / removed.
Londoncalling
Please Continue...

Post by Londoncalling »

I once had to install a sync stripper to get it to work.
Dhampird

Post by Dhampird »

Hello everyone, i had same problem here with chasiss Toshiba PD1843 and Monitor Toshiba (comes from Nnc and i placed inside Egret3), i tried method1 cut vsync and works with 15Khz but colour image on screen is oversaturated (maybe because vga out is amplified?) i tried after method2 and image is ok for 15Khz on screen, but Syncros signals are not conected anywhere, what purpose have the Syncros signals violet and grey cables? How conect that? Those wires comes included in that i called CGA conector...will be needed? LM for those two signals and output one?

Note: i have a friend with chasis PB9929 and he told me he can conect from VGA to the passtrough pcb to jamma and get 15khz without touch anything, i think some people that have that PB9929 chassis can do it from VGA without cut Vsync, right?