About Toshiba A68KJU96X with nanao ms2932 Chassis...

For monitor related issues
Dhampird
About Toshiba A68KJU96X with nanao ms2932 Chassis...

Post by Dhampird »

Hello, i read that the Toshiba A68KJU96X appear in some Sega Naomi cabs with chassis nanao ms2932, that chassis is 31khz, i have same tube A68KJU96X in Egret 2, i´m wondering if that Toshiba A68KJU96X tubes that cames with 31khz ms2932 chassis wil be compatible with chassis nanao ms9-29T, the Toshiba model number are the same: A68KJU96X, only difference is that in mine Egret 2 the A68KJU96X tube revision is for example 6C, and the 9G or 9H for the tube in ms2932 chassis.
I dont know if is the same tube or could be have minor differences in the tube between revisions that not allow for example exchange some chassis, could be needed in this case special adaptation of that higher revison tube with a nanao ms9-29T?, or that tubes are allways the same (15khz) and then are fully compatible between different chassis because all are same model?
Rossyra
Supermod

Re: About Toshiba A68KJU96X with nanao ms2932 Chassis...

Post by Rossyra »

You can use the tube, but you need to switch out the yoke as well, not a job to be taken lightly.

You cannot just swap chassis.
Dhampird

Post by Dhampird »

Ok, thanks a lot for reply, then if i want get a compatible (to swap directly in Egret 2) A68KJU96X tube should come with chassis nanao ms9 29T, or another nanao 15khz also will be compatible ?
Regards.
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

Ideally an ms9, yeah. You might get other 15k screens to fit that have the same curvature though.
Ptaz
Please Continue...

Post by Ptaz »

Sorry to bump this, I can't create a new topic yet. Long time lurker, first time poster here, and I need some help ...

I have a Toshiba A68LTF356X 4K tube with zero burn laying around and I was wondering if I could drop it on a Wells Gardner d9200 chassis, does anyone know if this tube would be compatible?
snowblindz
Please Continue...
eBay: snowblindz
Initials: BC

Post by snowblindz »

I have a Toshiba A68KJU96X tube. It has no burn in and very little play time on it. It's for my Konami Windy I cabinet. Back in 2007 the chassis blew a bunch of components on the chassis. I shipped the chassis off to Joey Mac in Australia. He ended up getting it working but I never followed up on it... because life happened. I'm desperately scouring the internet to find a chassis replacement now after all these years. Somebody somewhere must have one they are wanting to sell. I was told that there is a wei-yah tri-sync that will work, nanao, and of course the original Toshiba chassis pb6643-2.

If anyone can help me get this going again or point me in the right direction, I would be incredibly grateful!!! I'm cleaning the machine up now and working to get it looking and playing beautifully again. It's been stuck in a basement since 2007. I've tested the ohms on the yoke and it's reading 5.4-5.5 ohms vertical and 0.8 horizontal and it's 10 pins.

Thanks!
snowblindz
Please Continue...

Post by snowblindz »

One more quick thing that I forgot to mention in my last post about my A68KJU96X ,was that I've been looking on ebay and found this universal chassis <a href="https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Repl ... >universal chassis</a> on ebay. I was wondering if this would work if I added a 5 to 10 watt 1 ohms resistor to the horizontal. Because I read that the vertical could be up to 10ohms off in some cases... though the horizontal needs to be very close to spec.
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

I got a pb6643 chassis from yanton on eBay a while back, it was listed as a Toshiba arcade chassis and had to be identified by the screen print.
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

There is also a guy called bruce1arcade on eBay who has sold a few. He has an untested one listed at the mo but as all his others were tested working or tested dead is almost certainly going to be ****.

Probably worth messaging him though.
I was told that there is a wei-yah tri-sync that will work, nanao, and of course the original Toshiba chassis pb6643-2.
No idea about the Wei-Ya, but a Nanao MS9 chassis will only work if you swap the yoke too. Same goes for the 31k only Nanao MS2932.

If you have no joy I may be able to help but it will be a good month before I'm able to locate and test the ones I have here.
snowblindz
Please Continue...

Post by snowblindz »

Yosai thank you for replying! If you could locate and test that for me ,I do not mind waiting a month. At this point I think it's going to take a lot longer than a month for me to find it anywhere else. I've tried reaching out to bruce on ebay and no reply after several days. He's got a lot of items listed so he's probably swamped.
Hackcell
eBay: jaczeld
Initials: DJV

Post by Hackcell »

Sorry for arriving to the party quite late, but I'd like to request some guidance... Got a Daytona 1 twin setup, both monitors are sega 29Z21 (toshiba a68kju96x with yokes for sanwa PM1745), but no chassis. As these chassis are quite hard to find, do you think this tube will work with a MS9-29 chassis + the respective yoke swap or the current yoke (for sanwas) may be suitable for a MS9?

Thanks!
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

ms9 will work on these, adapter or connector replacement needed for vertical yoke header