Drop-in Replacement for Sanwa 29E31S / Naomi Universal

For monitor related issues
maxisoft2
Please Continue...
eBay: Maxisoft2

Re: Drop-in Replacement for Sanwa 29E31S / Naomi Universal

Post by maxisoft2 »

Hey guys!

Just a short update. I found a V-Shaped magnet glued to the tube near the neck. After removing it, the pink spot vanished - therefore a red spot appeared in the top right corner of the screen and the whole of it has a green tint now (Red is displayed green) - Almost as if the whole red rays were directed to the top right corner instead distributed over the whole monitor, purity is a MESS. Wei-Ya offered to send me a set of magnets to try fixing the problem, but shipping is 50 bucks for just a bag of magnetic stripes. Does anybody of you have a clue where I can order some within Europe?

As far as I know the magnets are used to fix the ray distribution on the monitor during its first set-up. I suppose due to the wronful magnetisation everything kind of shifted. Also, I think the yoke moves around a bit. Still, when I turn it, it does fix some of the geometry issues but none of the color issues.

Best!
- Max
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

i would say most if not the all of your problem is the deflection yoke having moved from its home position,you see the angle of it on tube also affects colours and geometry
RMRM

Post by RMRM »

Mine is exacly like this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEGAUSS-DEGAUSS ... 4_LceIhFog

But it seems like at the moment, there is no item from China, where i bought mine.

If you're Ok with Aliexpress, you can buy this one for 3€ with free shipping:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Del ... eb201560_7

It gets a little bit hot, but works like a charm ;)
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Forgot about AliExpress. Ordered from there. Thanks!
maxisoft2
Please Continue...
eBay: Maxisoft2

Post by maxisoft2 »

Hey guys!

I finally found some time to mess around with the monitor again today. I used the cheap-o degausser from Ali Express but it is NOT able to fix the issues the monitor has. I am stuck again, having no clue what to do. My only guess would be finding a professional monitor service technician to take care of it, but there are simply second to none left in Germany. Any ideas?

Also, Sanwa offered me to send some magnets to stick to the back of the monitor to try and smooth out the geometry and the discoloration issues. Still a bummer: I bought a new monitor that is actually way worse than my old one was... Oh well.

Regards,
- Max
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

probably find it got dropped during shipping,nothing you can do about that
Shadolf
eBay: 1984indigo
Initials: SDF

Post by Shadolf »

I ordered some of those CRT purity correction - convergence tabs and CRT Convergence Strips (A998304)(B) from the states.
They where shiped quite fast and to a good price to Germany. I will give you the url to the shop the next days.
In case I forget, please just send me a pm. Your story is sad, hoped to get a new monitor for my NAOMI the same way. But now!?

EDIT: I got the stuff from that shop. He don´t sent any confirmation or something, but you definatliy get what you´ve ordered, just be patient.
http://www.arcadecup.com/#Remote%20adjustment%20boards
I don´t think your new monitor is fully gone, you just need someone who can fix it.
Maybe "apfelanni" can help you out, he´s also german and knows a lot about monitors. Maybe he can or know´s someone who can fix it.
He is registered here on the forum but is alot more active at the Arcade Zentrum I think. Send him a pm and he will answer, sometimes it just takes a while.
Maybe you could try and call Metz (german TV manufacturer) they had very good CRT TV´s in the past, maybe they can give you contact to some technician or some of their own can help you out.
apfelanni
Please Continue...

Post by apfelanni »

hai there .. first off : im no tv guy .. i only replaced lots of broken arcade screens with common tv sets . if u are in need for a cheap but nice 29 inch vga capable crt just grab a vga or svga crt tv . usually u ll end up with a far better picture quality compared to worn out end of life arcade screens for maybe 10 % of the cost of a new screen . if ure not located in the us or somewhere in the nomansland it shouldnt be so hard to find a fitting replacement screen . i have around 50 + vga capable tvs dumped here in 25,28 and 29 inch size .

philips a68 ( with a smal gap in the vertical middle ) or toshiba a68 semi are good replacement tubes for the crappy sanwa - chungway stuff . semi or pure flat tubes could be easy replaced with tv crt stuff.

dunno whats the issue with ur new screen . u could borrow a prof degaussing coil , build ur own one or improvise with a power drill . in case the tube is damaged through transport u should consider replacing it with a tv tube . most new philips or lg tubes dont have convergence rings , so swaping the deflection coil shouldnt be a prob . many of the last generation tv tubes are good as new , speaking in arcade terms .

another option would be to ask a prof tv / arcade repair guy in germany , like " winni " . u ll find him at arcadezentrum.de , arcadeinfo.de or aracadezone.de . hes a nice guy with a lot of experience and reasonable prices . i can ask for his email in case u like to contact him for help . knowing where u are located would also help alot .

the chance of finding a local tv store with a crt tv experienced repair crew is like 1:100 000 . 99 % are run by mm markt dumbasses and even if u find someone with basic crt screen knowledge they give a **** on arcade screens . in the radius of 50 km around my home town i only know 1 guy capable of crt repair , but he only fiddles with good name brands , not the china crap .
tinchen3112

Post by tinchen3112 »

@ Apfelanni
Your PocoCat Avatar rocks! ;-))

apfelanni wrote:hai there .. first off : im no tv guy .. i only replaced lots of broken arcade screens with common tv sets . if u are in need for a cheap but nice 29 inch vga capable crt just grab a vga or svga crt tv . usually u ll end up with a far better picture quality compared to worn out end of life arcade screens for maybe 10 % of the cost of a new screen . if ure not located in the us or somewhere in the nomansland it shouldnt be so hard to find a fitting replacement screen . i have around 50 + vga capable tvs dumped here in 25,28 and 29 inch size .

philips a68 ( with a smal gap in the vertical middle ) or toshiba a68 semi are good replacement tubes for the crappy sanwa - chungway stuff . semi or pure flat tubes could be easy replaced with tv crt stuff.

dunno whats the issue with ur new screen . u could borrow a prof degaussing coil , build ur own one or improvise with a power drill . in case the tube is damaged through transport u should consider replacing it with a tv tube . most new philips or lg tubes dont have convergence rings , so swaping the deflection coil shouldnt be a prob . many of the last generation tv tubes are good as new , speaking in arcade terms .

another option would be to ask a prof tv / arcade repair guy in germany , like " winni " . u ll find him at arcadezentrum.de , arcadeinfo.de or aracadezone.de . hes a nice guy with a lot of experience and reasonable prices . i can ask for his email in case u like to contact him for help . knowing where u are located would also help alot .

the chance of finding a local tv store with a crt tv experienced repair crew is like 1:100 000 . 99 % are run by mm markt dumbasses and even if u find someone with basic crt screen knowledge they give a **** on arcade screens . in the radius of 50 km around my home town i only know 1 guy capable of crt repair , but he only fiddles with good name brands , not the china crap .