SF4 Vewlix monitor not centered? Can you help me?

For monitor related issues
slugflyer

SF4 Vewlix monitor not centered? Can you help me?

Post by slugflyer »

Hi there!

I recently purchased a vewlix (i'll be starting a separate thread to share my awesome quest to finally getting this!) and I'm trying to work out a solution to the problem I'm having. I've tried to search but not found this problem.

Im using a Taito X2 with SF4AE in a Vewlix C, via DVI cable.

What i'm seeing is that the picture initially seemed like it needed shrinking because from the images (will add in a minute, on phone) are not fully on screen from the right. I found a test mode where I could shift the image to the left, and also had the grid on screen to ensure the grid was fully fitting, however, when I shift it left, all I see is black, so it's not a case of shifting the image, or shrinking the image because the image is still cut (I get a black screen, see images attached).

Does anyone think they may be able to help me rectify this issue? I've tried this 'auto' screen fit also, an option in the menu but that didn't fix it.

I'd really appreciate any assistance :)

Thanks guys, this forum rocks and I'm going to add pictures and a full write up of the cab when I'm not so busy! Promise! So much awesome to share!

But before that, I want to resolve this issue.

Thanks again! :awe:

DSC_0702.JPG
DSC_0701.JPG
DSC_0699.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by slugflyer on June 7th, 2015, 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Here to represent new style VEWLIX arcade fans. Both of you.
slugflyer

Re: SF4 Vewlix monitor not centered?

Post by slugflyer »

DSC_0698.JPG
This image shows you how it looks , the grid above shows you when I align it left, I can't seem to work out how to squeeze the image in properly? I can't see the red line on the right side (an end to the image), it just seems to not appear even when I shift the image to the left?

Im thinking this could be the DVI cable i'm using? Are there two types of DVI cable perhaps?

I'd really appreciate any assistance, thanks guys! Love this place! :) …still, stupid a hobby though. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Re: SF4 Vewlix monitor not centered? Can you help me?

Post by crunchywasp »

Assuming of course it's the same TX2, SSF4AE and DVi cable that were in it when I owned it then that is odd. I certainly never had that problem.

Do you have any other games you could try to see if they have the same issue? Have you tried switching the screen resolution on the OSD and if so does the same occur? Is the DVI cable firmly seated at the TX2 and the monitor?
slugflyer

Post by slugflyer »

crunchywasp wrote:Assuming of course it's the same TX2, SSF4AE and DVi cable that were in it when I owned it then that is odd. I certainly never had that problem.

Do you have any other games you could try to see if they have the same issue? Have you tried switching the screen resolution on the OSD and if so does the same occur? Is the DVI cable firmly seated at the TX2 and the monitor?
Hey buddy!

Interestingly according to Andy - this seems to be something he had to live with, unless I misunderstood - VGA didn't cause a problem, but DVI meant it happened to him and would cut off his image.

The SF4AE is not what you had - I had to buy one separately, the game and the motherboard. Also, I am not using your DVI cable, as it did not include one - it came with a DVI cable that had an HDMI end (unless that is what you left in it and you then used an HDMI to DVI head adaptor into the TX2?)

I don't have any other TX2 games atm, no. I am not quite sure how to change the screen resolution on the OSD - still working it out - seems to be fixed and I can choose 'auto'. I have seen the option to choose wide/left/right etc but not quite the resolution. I have read the wiki and the correct DIP switches (no2) is on for DVI.

Thanks for taking the time to reply - I keep meaning to tell you how grateful I am for all the love put into this, I really am even happy to have the receipts for all the work you've put into it. I'll treasure it forever. Thanks for giving it so much love, you have no idea how much I love this man. Really.

Did you import it from Japan yourself then? Insane dedication dude, I won't put your efforts to waste. Just really wanna sort out this picture issue.

Off topic: What's the digital reading (red and blue) that appears on a small panel in the cab?! Looks so knight rider! 8-)
CPS2
Street Fighter

Post by CPS2 »

Found the thread for you.

I think it's just the TX2 that isn't centred via DVI, everything else was fine. :problem:

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic. ... ix#p403137
slugflyer

Post by slugflyer »

Wonderful, you guys are so helpful, thanks so much. I'll read through this post and try some of it out tomorrow and let you know how I got on, then post my thanks of appreciation post to you both soon!
slugflyer

Post by slugflyer »

Amazing midnight update!

Thanks to.Cps2 linking that thread and crunchy not able to read "hold down and start for 3 seconds" :oops: I was actually curious to reset to factory settings. Then, I remembered why I sold my old arcade candy cabs and went with consoles... The screen went black... For ages... Ahhhh great you just had to strive for perfection and now you have nothing...wait... What's that?

DVI AND A FULLY FITTING SCREEN?!?!?

Omg!! Screen factory reset has solved the problem boys, no need for vga after all! Something about resetting for factory settings has solved this one! Your links and talk led me in the right direction!

Amazing help!

See screen shots now! :)
DSC_0715.JPG
DSC_0714.JPG
I hope this helps someone in the future !
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'

Post by crunchywasp »

Excellent! :awe: Delighted you're enjoying the cab and glad you've solved the problem, nice one. Great for future reference too.

Ahh, I remember now, I always just used VGA with a DVI > VGA adapter at the TX2 end so never ran in to this. Is the TX2 via DVI noticeably better than VGA? Reading the thread Andy's linked to I rememeber speaking to him re the DVI connection. I've a memory like a sieve :oops:
slugflyer wrote: Did you import it from Japan yourself then? Insane dedication dude, I won't put your efforts to waste. Just really wanna sort out this picture issue.
It was imported from Japan but I bought it here from a member that shipped a container of Vewlixes from Japan to the Netherlands. Taito were very helpful and I found for the most part that they had all the parts I was looking for.
slugflyer wrote: Off topic: What's the digital reading (red and blue) that appears on a small panel in the cab?! Looks so knight rider!
That's a FrancoB voltmeter passthrough to meter the 3.3v and 5v of the JVS PSU. It'll come in useful if you ever run any JVS stuff in there but largely redundant while you're running the TX2, other than to look cool when you open the door of course 8-)

Enjoy the cab, I'm genuinely happy that it's gone to another good home :awe:
slugflyer

Post by slugflyer »

How peculiar, today I turned the cab on and it's back to being chopped at the edge again.. I'm determined to work this out because the steps above didn't seem to be working for me this time :problem:
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

Have you tried turning it off and turning it back on again? :whoopsie:
Emulation's nice when done well
Brettster

Post by Brettster »

I had some other problems when using DVI from X2 on my Vewlix C
my problem was that it didn't always turn the monitor on when booting up. I would have to manually turn the monitor off and on again using the remote behind the coin door

when using VGA this never happens
all the instructions for setting up the type x2 seem to show the vga lead being used, so it may be a timing issue from the graphics card in digital mode.

I still use DVI for my X2 as I have a PC in the cab that only has VGA out
Looking for More Space!
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'

Post by crunchywasp »

Is there a notable difference between VGA and DVI when using the X2 in a Vewlix anyway? To be honest I'd be inclined to give up with DVI and just use VGA so it's hassle free but then I really don't think I'd be able to notice a difference myself. It's obviously worth persevering if it's bothering you though :)
Brettster

Post by Brettster »

No difference that I could see :)
It's just handy to have two inputs when using multiple sources
Looking for More Space!