VGA capable CRT TV´s - frequencys/resolutions

For monitor related issues
Shadolf
eBay: 1984indigo
Initials: SDF

VGA capable CRT TV´s - frequencys/resolutions

Post by Shadolf »

There are CRT TV´s with VGA capability from the late 90´s.
For example the "Grundig Xentia M72-490 Dolby".
Has someone experience with those for use in a cab?
What frequency does they have? I think 31K 640x480, right!?
Dexa

Re: VGA capable CRT TV´s - frequencys/resolutions

Post by Dexa »

since your german you could check out arcadezentrum .. on there are some real tv transplantation experts
baddy
Please Continue...
eBay: irishfrog89
Initials: CHI

Post by baddy »

640 x 480 pixels, 60 Hz/31,5 kHz
640 x 400 pixels, 70 Hz/31,5 kHz
640 x 350 pixels, 70 Hz/31,5 kHz

From: https://www.gebruikershandleiding.com/G ... e=0004#af4"
apfelanni
Please Continue...

Post by apfelanni »

grundigs via modul handle 31 k , some metz chassis 600-605 up to 800x600 and philips cineos 720 p via hdmi ( maybe with some dropped lines ? ) . other vga capable models are made by lg , loewe , colani , panasonic , thomson etc. got all my vga cabinets replaced with tvs .. 4 naomis and some 28-25 inch german metall and wooden universals . the tv of choice depends on the tube characteristics ( flat or curved ) , long or shortneck , chassis size , monitor oriention and other tv specific attributes . some are more idiot proof in handling , others a little bitchy .
Last edited by apfelanni on March 5th, 2015, 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadolf
eBay: 1984indigo
Initials: SDF

Post by Shadolf »

Hi Apfelanni, nice to see you here. I read some posts from you on arcadezentrum but I can´t get to this thread/ post there when looked in. The Grundig I mentioned has a build in VGA right, or what do you mean with via modul? About the Metz, can you please tell me the models with those chassis 600-605. Does up to 800x600 mean they are auto quad sync? How can I build in a VGA, when the TV is capable but has no standard VGA connector? Since it seem you now a lot about this, would you make a list with all manufacturer/Models/build in VGA modul or just capable/measures/max resolution and everything one needs to know. This would be a great contribution to the scene, because it´s very hard to find out all this without the proper knowledge.

Edit: Those Metz TV´s can be upgradet with an "VGA Card" right? Where can one get those expension cards? Or is there any other way?

Edit 2: Would a Grundig M 72-410 fit into a Naomi Universal?
apfelanni
Please Continue...

Post by apfelanni »

the grundig 410 reference is available with and without vga1 and pip modul . its a highend and expensive tv with curved toshiba tube , subwoofer and perfect osd . the problem fitting it into a naomi is the chassis size . the chassis is very massive , may be a better option in cabinets with more space around the monitor .

metz models from 600 > 605 do 31 k and 800x600 60 hertz via a metz specific vga - scart cable . put the wiring schematics into the dropbox file . its more like dual sync per vga-scart + standard input per scart ( in case u like the outcome of 100 hertz tvs) . it doesnt work with lowres progressive mode per vga scart cable, better try oldstyle 50-60 hertz tvs for that . . with some soldering skills u might be able do rebuild such a cable . its no longer available from metz and very rare ( picked on up on ebay.de some years ago ) . in vga mode all tvs bypass the picture enhancers or they can be disabled in the osd .

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t43cb7zhyi6tf ... m.rar?dl=0"
PrincessPrinPrin
eBay: *mkl*
Initials: MKL

Post by PrincessPrinPrin »

Shadolf wrote:Would a Grundig M 72-410 fit into a Naomi Universal?
The Philips tube (ESF family) wouldn't fit any of the Naomi bezels.
apfelanni
Please Continue...

Post by apfelanni »

i d say the 2 available chungwah bezels fit 95 % . horizontal its snug , vertical u have a small gap , mabye 2-3 mm in the middle ( but barely noticable ), because the chungway tube is a little more curved . i prefer a monitor playing in another leaque over perfect haptic . the image quality is like nanao vs sanwa .

btw. the grundig 410 hosts a toshiba kzn tube .

upped some related material .. old naomi with tv rebuilds .

https://www.dropbox.com/s/47njiuiy14mfw ... s.rar?dl=0"

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gk8mbj5qzhle0 ... i.rar?dl=0"

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wlb1u63nqpz8t ... t.rar?dl=0"

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6u1t85b71k01d ... t.rar?dl=0"
PrincessPrinPrin
eBay: *mkl*
Initials: MKL

Post by PrincessPrinPrin »

apfelanni wrote:i d say the 2 available chungwah bezels fit 95 % . horizontal its snug , vertical u have a small gap , mabye 2-3 mm in the middle ( but barely noticable ), because the chungway tube is a little more curved . i prefer a monitor playing in another leaque over perfect haptic . the image quality is like nanao vs sanwa .

btw. the grundig 410 hosts a toshiba kzn tube .
I don't have first hand knowledge of this model. The service manual mentions A68LBT696X99 as the tube number and that's also a Toshiba tube and I'm sure it has the same face contour as a KZN tube. I know for a fact that KZN tubes (which can be found in other Grundig models such as M72-795, -911, -105) fit perfectly the Naomi-Sanwa bezel (Shanghai Novel tube, not Chunghwa) and the Blast City bezels.
apfelanni
Please Continue...

Post by apfelanni »

in the grundig of the end ninetees u ll find both , the lbt and the kzn . so if want to get it perfect check for an atlanta 7250 or xentia 400 instead of sydney 7230 . until today i havnt tried a toshiba ( except the flat ones out of xentia 490 mf ) as naomi monitors . so i dont know if the bezel fits perfect . i ll will find out in next days , theres still another naomi waiting for a new screen .
( i d like to try the soundboard from an old 16:9 grundig with subwoofer and front - rearspeaker support , i think that would add nice accoustic to the naomi cab . and yes , the 50-60 hertz models like m72 795 are decent 15k screens . i cabbed 3 of them so far , but non for me , coz i hate lowres on screens > 25 inch .
viggan9
Please Continue...
eBay: viggan_9
Initials: vsj

Post by viggan9 »

apfelanni wrote: March 8th, 2015, 7:09 pm in the grundig of the end ninetees u ll find both , the lbt and the kzn . so if want to get it perfect check for an atlanta 7250 or xentia 400 instead of sydney 7230 . until today i havnt tried a toshiba ( except the flat ones out of xentia 490 mf ) as naomi monitors . so i dont know if the bezel fits perfect . i ll will find out in next days , theres still another naomi waiting for a new screen .
( i d like to try the soundboard from an old 16:9 grundig with subwoofer and front - rearspeaker support , i think that would add nice accoustic to the naomi cab . and yes , the 50-60 hertz models like m72 795 are decent 15k screens . i cabbed 3 of them so far , but non for me , coz i hate lowres on screens > 25 inch .
Hi, do the GRUNDIG TVs such as the M71 and M72 require VGA card/input in order to display 480P? Or is it possible to get 480p on these models via SCART? Thanks in advance!