Naomi Universal 15 khz?

For monitor related issues
Nandi
Initials: NND

Naomi Universal 15 khz?

Post by Nandi »

Hey guys,

Is there a good way to convert a Naomi Universal to accept a 15 khz RGB signal? I have two, both of them have Sanwa 29E31S monitors. Over the years I had my fair share of video signal adapters/converters and I am not really fond of them. Is there a compatible chassis that I can put on one of the tubes? Since it is a flat tube, I don't think that I could change the whole monitor without heavy modifications made to the bezel. Net Cities are pretty scarce in this part of Europe (or maybe not just here), so if there is a good solution for this I would go with that.

Thank you,

Nandi
grantspain
Tech Head

Re: Naomi Universal 15 khz?

Post by grantspain »

rodotron 666a or wei ya 3129a-have to be single focus and you may need to change a resistor for vertical size
be aware you may get varrious amounts of side compression but there is a guide in the wiki of how to overcome that
Nandi

Post by Nandi »

Thank you. And what about those Single Sync chassies? Am I going to need one of these Tri Syncs?
baddy
Please Continue...
eBay: irishfrog89
Initials: CHI

Post by baddy »

With the 31k yoke on your tube, yes.
Nandi

Post by Nandi »

Well, thank you for your replies. Before the whole chassis swap, I may try a scanline generator, never seen one with my own eyes.