Hantarex CT28 EQ CRT 'HOR AMP' Problem & Other Stuff

For monitor related issues
Lettuce

Hantarex CT28 EQ CRT 'HOR AMP' Problem & Other Stuff

Post by Lettuce »

I have a Hantarex CT28 EQ CRT Monitor and have a few minor issues......

Im having trouble with the 'HOR AMP' (Horizontal Size) pot adjustment on the rear of the monitor. I have noticed that when i make adjustments to this pot in certain positions the corners of the screen become unstable and jump about slightly, if i adjust the pot some more then the problem goes away but then am either left with overscan or underscan of the picture in some cases. Can anyone shed some light on why i have this stability problem with the HOR AMP pot when in certain positions?

Also (im being really anal here) ive noticed in the very bottom left corner of the screen theres a small area that seems to pulsate ever so slightly in brightness all the other corners dont have this issue, any ideas what that is

And lastly when the Monitor is on but with nothing displayed you can see ever so slightly (and i mean ever so slightly) areas of vertical bars on parts of the screen, maybe 2 or 3 bars obviously you can see this at all when there a display on the screen, just wondered what the cause was?
grantspain
Tech Head

Re: Hantarex CT28 EQ CRT 'HOR AMP' Problem & Other Stuff

Post by grantspain »

that is either east/west correction diodes or bdx53c playing up
the lines are either cap related to 200v line or a resistor on the neck card
Lettuce

Post by Lettuce »

Thanks grant, can your recommended anyone in the south east who can service these old CRTs?. Would just like these little niggles sorted out and screen calibration.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

I recommend grantspain for all my monitor fixing needs.
Lettuce

Post by Lettuce »

cools wrote:I recommend grantspain for all my monitor fixing needs.
Ah ok, so Grant doesnt actually live in Spain then!!!?.

What part of the UK are you based then grant?

Oh and another bug bear i have with this monitor (these are all really small issues by the way, im just being stupidly anal as this is the display iv decided to kept out of numerous other ive had over the last year or so) is at the top edge of the screen i can see a blue, green and red line going across the screen....

now this is at the ever edge of where the 'active' display is for my games.....

i can add a bit of over scan to hide it but sometime when the screen turns black i can see the line and then when the screen becomes active again they disappear. This quick video of sonic shows the issue, or though the camera had trouble detecting the lines but you can faintly see them when the screen is black......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvMOfrm ... e=youtu.be"

I Dont get the same effect for the bottom of the screen as ive alter the vertical so its at its smallest size and cant see any sign of this issue for the bottom of the screen......

I mean other than these little issues the picture is stunning....

can this be eradicated in anyway?
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

i am in maidstone,kent
that monitor is being told to produce those lines,but i do not know why
Lettuce

Post by Lettuce »

grantspain wrote:i am in maidstone,kent
that monitor is being told to produce those lines,but i do not know why
what could possible be the reason for it being told to produce them and can it be altered?

I had to use the 9 Pin 'RGB-I-HV' input and make up a 9 pin to scart cable, as for some reason when i tried plugging much consoles via the scart socket i never got an RGB picture it was always composite.....

grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

someone else had this issue on a public broadcast monitor on another forum some time ago and i think its to do with the input signal

have you tried the svhs input?
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

Lettuce wrote:what could possible be the reason for it being told to produce them?
There's one line from each gun. They help to identify if there is a problem with the video signal or the monitor.
Lettuce wrote:and can it be altered?
Overscan the image so they're not visible.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

Lettuce wrote:Also (im being really anal here) ive noticed in the very bottom left corner of the screen theres a small area that seems to pulsate ever so slightly in brightness all the other corners dont have this issue, any ideas what that is
Likely something interfering with the monitor. Does it do it when tated?
Lettuce

Post by Lettuce »

grantspain wrote:someone else had this issue on a public broadcast monitor on another forum some time ago and i think its to do with the input signal

have you tried the svhs input?
Sadly i dont have any s-video cables for any of my systems. I could try the scart socket?? but as i said even though its stated in the user manual that scart input is RGB im unable to get RGB from it.....

This is the cable loom i made up....

Image Image
Image Image Image

Should mention im using a scart switcher box as well but would thought that would matter

cools wrote:
Lettuce wrote:Also (im being really anal here) ive noticed in the very bottom left corner of the screen theres a small area that seems to pulsate ever so slightly in brightness all the other corners dont have this issue, any ideas what that is
Likely something interfering with the monitor. Does it do it when tated?
Im not sure, its a 29 incher and weighs a tone, never tated it