MVS-U4 Vertical Collapse

For monitor related issues
Jamie
eBay: jspittle_99
Initials: JAY

MVS-U4 Vertical Collapse

Post by Jamie »

I bought an MVS-U4 last week that has been working great until last night. All of a sudden the picture started to become unstable and about 10 seconds later it compressed into a single horizontal line in the middle of the screen. The screen is now permanently like this.

Does anyone have any ideas what may have happened? Is this a common issue that can be fixed?
Last edited by Jamie on September 30th, 2013, 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KmanSweden
KmanSweden
eBay: KmanSweden
Initials: PKK

Re: Monitor picture compressed into horizontal line

Post by KmanSweden »

Here's how..
Up the Irons!
chubsta
I'm getting too old for this shit...
eBay: chubsta

Post by chubsta »

i had that and it was just a case that the adjustment board was loose and had fallen off, plugged it back in and all was fine - not saying that yours is as simple but worth checking!
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Thanks for both yor replies guys, will have a look at the connections on the board first.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Have tried all connections and still the same. Does anyone know of anyone that could repair this for me? Have tried Giz10p and they don't do monitor repairs anymore.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Re: MVS-U4 Vertical Collapse

Post by geotrig »

grantspain is probably your man

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

The repair shop has got back to me about this today and said that a chip on the board has gone, not sure about the specifics, i'll know more when i go to fetch it.

Just wondering what my options are to get my cab up and running again? He says that the tube is fine, so i assume i could replace the chassis and it should be ok.Would it be easier to replace the entire unit and just get a replacement monitor?
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

Jamie wrote:The repair shop has got back to me about this today and said that a chip on the board has gone, not sure about the specifics, i'll know more when i go to fetch it.

Just wondering what my options are to get my cab up and running again? He says that the tube is fine, so i assume i could replace the chassis and it should be ok.Would it be easier to replace the entire unit and just get a replacement monitor?
if a chip on the board is faulty then why don't they replace it-what they mean is that they do not know what is wrong with it

who did you send this to?
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Just a local tv repair shop that said they could fix it. I'm hoping you're right and they're just trying to fob me off as they don't know how to fix it.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

I wasn,t even posting in this thread :problem:

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"