Sanwa 29e31s chassis problem

For monitor related issues
mozie
Initials: JON

Sanwa 29e31s chassis problem

Post by mozie »

Just swapped out the chassis on my sanwa 29e31s and all i'am getting is a single line down the centre of the screen. have I hooked it up incorrectly? the remote boards seems to brighten/darken the line and the vertical adjustment makes the vertical line shorter or longer, the horizontal doesent seem to do anything.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
grantspain
Tech Head

Re: Sanwa 29e31s chassis problem

Post by grantspain »

either you have not connected the horizontal deflection connector or the horizontal output transistor has blown
moshpit
Fantasy Zone Finder
Initials: RON

Post by moshpit »

edit: never mind... I should read the full post first... and stop looking at pictures :(
WARNING! A HUGE BATTLESHIP IS APPROACHING FAST!
mozie
Initials: JON

Post by mozie »

grantspain wrote:either you have not connected the horizontal deflection connector or the horizontal output transistor has blown
Thanks, is it Fixable?
Hewitson
Please Continue...
Initials: BJA

Post by Hewitson »

grantspain wrote:either you have not connected the horizontal deflection connector or the horizontal output transistor has blown
If the HOT was blown the flyback wouldn't be operating... Make sure the horizontal deflection is connected properly and check to make sure none of the wires have pulled off the top of the yoke.
crunchywasp wrote:During your visit you could reverse his evil honey trap and tell him you're a bit uncertain about spending an hour inside his box
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

Hewitson wrote:
If the HOT was blown the flyback wouldn't be operating... Make sure the horizontal deflection is connected properly and check to make sure none of the wires have pulled off the top of the yoke.
pretty sure the sanwa is the exception on this,had one last week with open circuit HOT displaying horizontal collapse

first chassis i have seen do this
jonnyturbo
Please Continue...

Post by jonnyturbo »

This is my old chassis, it was serviced a couple of months ago. Could this be something that was damaged in transit?
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

jonnyturbo wrote:This is my old chassis, it was serviced a couple of months ago. Could this be something that was damaged in transit?
could be shipping damage,quite common
both chassis are coming to me,if its one i have looked at recently then it will be under warranty anyway
Porl
Please Continue...
eBay: melvisbrevel
Initials: PTB

Post by Porl »

I'm having a very similar problem with my Naomi Sanwa chassis. I was adjusting the H hold and it went to single vertical line and won't adjust out or anything now. Was it the transistor have blown? Is it worth taking the chassis out to check solder joints etc?

Cheers

Porl