Rodotron 666A-29 in a Windy 2 HELP!!!!

For monitor related issues
pixeljunkie
Please Continue...
Rodotron 666A-29 in a Windy 2 HELP!!!!

Post by pixeljunkie »

nevermind. on a side note, are there any tutorials online for retrofitting these into cabs?
Last edited by pixeljunkie on June 8th, 2012, 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frenetic
Please Continue...
Initials: FRN

Re: Rodotron 666A-29 in a Windy 2

Post by Frenetic »

Hey pixeljunkie,

Did you see this yet? I'll keep at eye out for more info:

http://www.arcaderepairtips.com/2010/03 ... r-chassis/"

--F :D
pixeljunkie
Please Continue...

Post by pixeljunkie »

thanks man! yeah, that's a pretty good guide. I got the rodotron in and up and running. I am just having a hard time making the picture not look like hot buttered ****.

Ironically the 15k picture looks pretty decent. I'm assuming I have to just spend a ton of time tweaking knobs on the chassis...as far as the controller board goes...I'm not getting a good pic "out of the box"
pixeljunkie
Please Continue...

Post by pixeljunkie »

I need help. I've tweaked every single pot on the chassis/neck/controller board and I can't get this thing to look right.

i have the monitor tate, so i'll refer to it as such when describing hor/vert scrolling:

The top and bottom of the screen seem to curl...think of the way Axelay on SNES looks. Except everything that scrolls across the top/bottom of the monitor are doing this. I also have tried the rotation pot with zero results...I swear half the pots just don't do anything.

Another issue is my V-hold. I try to stretch the picture to fill the tube but the fields split and I get double vision...and I can't get the V-Hold to correct it. If I make my image about 30% narrower than I want, I can get it to line up and sit still.

What are some troubleshooting tips I can do for trying to get this thing back into shape?
monouchi
Polishing his shaft
eBay: monouchi_jn
Initials: BUS

Re: Rodotron 666A-29 in a Windy 2 HELP!!!!

Post by monouchi »

If you have the Axelay curl, then the picture is compressed top and bottom (In tate) this is very common when the chassis doesnt fit the tube exactly.
Pots that fix this is V-Lin and H-lin
...and H-lin usually doesnt exist on these chassis... :(

The thing to do then is to change a cap, I know there is a thread about it here somewhere.
I fixed my stretch by replacing cap C86.
(Though remember that replacing this cap also changes the geometry in 31kHz.)

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic. ... 4&start=30
300wins
Please Continue...

Re: Rodotron 666A-29 in a Windy 2 HELP!!!!

Post by 300wins »

Can you tell us what the tube in your Windy 2 is? If it's one of these tubes, then you have the WRONG chassis. You should have bought the Rodotron 666B1-29.

Toshiba A68LBT696X
Toshiba M68LMF256X01
Toshiba A68KZN696X

If it's not one of these tubes, and if you have the Chinese tube that is in the Naomi Universal (can't think of the model number), then you have the correct chassis.