Removing a Nano monitor from a Naomi Uni

For monitor related issues
Paulie
Opens wallet, moths fly out
eBay: retro-paulie
Initials: PSG

Removing a Nano monitor from a Naomi Uni

Post by Paulie »

I'm now at the only bit of my Naomi restoration that I'm really not looking forward to...

...Removing the monitor.

I've never removed a monitor before so I'm a bit nervous.

Well I've tried to rope a few mates in to help me with this and I've drawn a blank, ****!

So I will have to go it alone :?

Just to double check what exactly do I need to do?
1. Remove the rear cover.
2. Remove the earth wire attached to the leg. What wires do I need to unplug?
3. Remove the 4 bolts on the long threads.
4. I know it's in a frame so am I correct in thinking I don't need to discharge it. I just lift it out.Do I use the two large holes to hold it located on the front of the frame above and below the monitor (wearing gloves as it looks sharp) and put it somewhere safe (I'll rest it on top of a chest freezer as I won't need to bend down).

Thanks
P
Rossyra
Supermod

Re: Removing a Nano monitor from a Naomi Uni

Post by Rossyra »

Remove the VGA lead, the power lead and the remote board harness.

No need to discharge it.

You can pretty much make use of anywhere on the frame to hold it.

It's much easier if you still have the CP bucket off.
AeroCityMayor
Previously alien_mame
eBay: air_fortless
Initials: ACM

Post by AeroCityMayor »

Paulie wrote:I'm now at the only bit of my Naomi restoration that I'm really not looking forward to...

Well I've tried to rope a few mates in to help me with this and I've drawn a blank, ****!

P
I can give you a hand d00d ;)

If we can meet up at a time that won't hinder your project.

Send me a PM.

Cheers,

Ralph.
spikehead
eBay: neles72

Post by spikehead »

Been there at the weekend and was happy to have someone around to help me. I moved the cab in front of the stairs with one person standing behind the monitor about 30 cm above ground level just trying to hold the weight while I grabbed it by the front and pulled it out. I´m not sure if I would have been able to hold it alone without smashing the chasis against the cross beams... In other words get some help unless you´re used to lifting such weights.

I had to unplug the vga input as well as some JVS stuff. I left the remote board attached but made sure to have it tied under the cab to not crush it. The rear cover is also screwed to the panel holding the bulb. As the screws come down from above I also had to remove the topmost metal cross beam. Make sure to unplug it beforehand.

That stunt was definetly the most difficult aspect and if it weren´t for it I would remove the monitor again in the near future the chop the cab. I guess this will have to wait now.
Paulie
Opens wallet, moths fly out
eBay: retro-paulie
Initials: PSG

Post by Paulie »

Thanks a lot chaps :)

Ralph you are an absolute star :clap:
johnnygnct
Please Continue...

Post by johnnygnct »

spikehead wrote: I´m not sure if I would have been able to hold it alone without smashing the chasis against the cross beams... In other words get some help unless you´re used to lifting such weights.
I managed to lift mine alone and I'm only 1.72m tall (shorter than the cab :palm:). But with a person to help it's much easier. If you can, take it out with the "cp assembly" off. Lifting over the cp might be a bit challenging!