Help with a Nanao MS2931 issue

For monitor related issues
Toshinu
Please Continue...
Help with a Nanao MS2931 issue

Post by Toshinu »

Hello everybody,

I would like some advise please to help resolve an issue on my Blast City's Nanao MS2931 monitor. With the picture down below (please excuse the quality haha) you will notice the top border of the picture is slanting downwards towards the top right corner... Now ive already tried messing with the trapezoid and parallelogram adjustments on the extended menu thinking that was the issue but to no avail... The picture seems to keep that weird slant and adjusts accordingly with it. So if anyone has an idea to what this could be and could lead me to the right direction on how to remedy it I would greatly appreciate your time and help.

grantspain
Tech Head

Re: Help with a Nanao MS2931 issue

Post by grantspain »

could be the deflection yoke slightly off centre
Toshinu
Please Continue...

Post by Toshinu »

grantspain wrote:could be the deflection yoke slightly off centre
Oh ok, so how can i remedy this problem? Im not very experienced when it comes to dealing with arcade monitors so Im not sure of what to do.

---------------

Oh also some new developments that have turned for the worst =( I was playing a game to further test if anything else was wrong with my monitor when the screen suddenly shut off. I still could hear the game being played through the speakers but the picture was gone. So in a panic i shut everything off and let the monitor rest for a couple of minutes before turning it back on. Luckily it did turn back on but now a new problem has arose on top of that slant issue... I noticed that the colors were off and went to check the color bar and for some reason the color green does not show/work anymore and my white color is more of a purple now?... so now im at a complete lost... Seems like things are not getting any better =(

If anyone can please help me to understand whats going on and how to fix it that would be awesome... I hate being so ignorant to all this technical stuff but im trying to learn it as i go... as for now, it looks like i can't enjoy any gaming on this machine for a while out of fear something else may go wrong =,(
Toshinu
Please Continue...

Post by Toshinu »

Any help anyone? Is this such a serious problem no one has any idea on what can be done?
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

could be your green drive transistor
could be the green video signal from the game board missing
could be the video cable
last 2 easy to prove,try a different video source -maybe connect a pc that is set to display 640x480 via a vga cable

first not so easy to prove unless you have a multimeter and a schematic diagram