Where to connect this new net city cable

For monitor related issues
Adrick
eBay: *adrick*"
Initials: Agm

Where to connect this new net city cable

Post by Adrick »

Hello I am restoring my new net city to leave it with the original jvs, the previous owner made a jamma comb, I was removing it but I have a problem I am seeing a colored cable that comes from the chassis, where is the VGA connection there are two molex, the left molex I have identified is connected to the power supply, but the right molex is the problem is spliced to the central area of the comb jamma I guess to send video signal, my question is where is originally connected that cable to the machine, I leave some photos I hope someone helps me because I'm stuck.

What I intend to do is to unpack it from the jamma comb and connect it its place of origin.

Image Image
Image Image

the circled picture is the coloured wire that is connected to the central area of the jamma comb.

Greetings Adri.
Last edited by Adrick on October 1st, 2022, 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Re: Where to connect this new net city cable

Post by cools »

In a NNC that connector is only for degauss.

If you look at the PCB headers it and the VGA are connected to you'll see one is labelled 15 and the other 31, they are meant for different video voltage levels depending on the source. NNC only uses the VGA.
Adrick

Post by Adrick »

cools wrote: September 30th, 2022, 7:08 am In a NNC that connector is only for degauss.

If you look at the PCB headers it and the VGA are connected to you'll see one is labelled 15 and the other 31, they are meant for different video voltage levels depending on the source. NNC only uses the VGA.
Thank you very much it is not to give video signal... because I have the VGA cable disconnected from the Naomi and if I connect a jamma board it changes to the frequency and I get the game on the screen. : :eh:
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

There are 2 headers, one has a VGA cable (yellow) and the other is going to the amp header.

As cools said, One is for 31k the other 15k. It really doesn’t matter what cable you use, the chassis will automatically switch frequency, but the picture will be washed out if you use the “wrong” one.

In the picture you have 31k wired to the vga cable and after that to the header on the chassis. The other is from your jamma harness
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Adrick

Post by Adrick »

markedkiller78 wrote: September 30th, 2022, 6:29 pm There are 2 headers, one has a VGA cable (yellow) and the other is going to the amp header.

As cools said, One is for 31k the other 15k. It really doesn’t matter what cable you use, the chassis will automatically switch frequency, but the picture will be washed out if you use the “wrong” one.

In the picture you have 31k wired to the vga cable and after that to the header on the chassis. The other is from your jamma harness
hello, thanks

When removing the cables that go to the jamma comb, should I connect them to some other area of the machine?I don't think they should be on the loose :eh:

I was thinking of removing the jamma comb and leaving only the jvs system.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Just remove the wiring. The high impedance video connector isn't used on a NNC.
Adrick

Post by Adrick »

nem wrote: September 30th, 2022, 7:43 pm Just remove the wiring. The high impedance video connector isn't used on a NNC.

I find it strange that this cable is not used, so I don't understand what function it has in the jamma comb.

:eh:
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

The monitor accepts JAMMA level video on the connector. If you want to wire an NNC for JAMMA you put it in there.

NNC is not JAMMA, so it is never wired in.
Adrick

Post by Adrick »

markedkiller78 wrote: September 30th, 2022, 6:29 pm There are 2 headers, one has a VGA cable (yellow) and the other is going to the amp header.

Where is number 2 connected, i.e. to which area of the machine?
cools wrote: October 1st, 2022, 6:10 am The monitor accepts JAMMA level video on the connector. If you want to wire an NNC for JAMMA you put it in there.

NNC is not JAMMA, so it is never wired in.
So that cable is always disconnected and used for jamma ?

Sorry for so many questions, I am new to the forum and this is my first new net restoration.

Could someone get me a picture of the whole cable to see what it looks like?
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

Number 2 is only connected to the degauss button. It is not used for video in a standard/stock NNC. You would only connect it for video if using a JAMMA harness

Wiring diagram in the back of the manual.

https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/images/3/3 ... Manual.pdf
Adrick

Post by Adrick »

cools wrote: October 1st, 2022, 10:31 pm Number 2 is only connected to the degauss button. It is not used for video in a standard/stock NNC. You would only connect it for video if using a JAMMA harness

I understand I was thinking of using the original demagnetising cable, would it be this one?

https://www.ebay.es/itm/174333285691
Last edited by Adrick on October 4th, 2022, 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adrick

Post by Adrick »

So I understand that it is connected to the demagnetisation button or it's disconnected ? , But it must have some kind of plug, it can't just be a bare wire.

According to this YouTube user they go to the amplifier, two wires red and black, which puts image and sound out there ???
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Youtube is full of misinformation.

You already have all the wiring for the monitor in place. Does your demag button not work?
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

Adrick wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 12:15 am
cools wrote: October 1st, 2022, 10:31 pm Number 2 is only connected to the degauss button. It is not used for video in a standard/stock NNC. You would only connect it for video if using a JAMMA harness

I understand I was thinking of using the original demagnetising cable, would it be this one?

You already have those wires, they are part of your monitor
Adrick

Post by Adrick »

nem wrote: October 4th, 2022, 6:30 pm Youtube is full of misinformation.

You already have all the wiring for the monitor in place. Does your demag button not work?
For jamma yes. I bought the left cable from naomi because it is soldered to the comb, as soon as I get home the package I will unplug the comb and connect the Naomi with its original wiring by VGA to see what happens.
cools wrote: October 4th, 2022, 7:06 pm
Adrick wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 12:15 am

You already have those wires, they are part of your monitor
In the video I see that it has two wires of red and black colours, mine has 5 colours, did anyone modify the connector?

I don't know if anyone has a picture of the original cable.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

Double check your actual chassis, the video is not good. Your original photo appears to shows those cables, circled in black.
Adrick

Post by Adrick »

cools wrote: October 4th, 2022, 9:51 pm Double check your actual chassis, the video is not good. Your original photo appears to shows those cables, circled in black.
Hi, apparently I don't see anything but those wires coming out of the connector so I don't know what to do with themOr I understand that I have to buy the correct cable to connect it to the degaussing button. ? :eh:
Image Image

The idea is to leave it with the correct wiring in that connector and remove those wires.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

The auction are the cables that are plugged in between the PCB and the side panel of the monitor.

Try contacting the seller and asking for a cable to go betwen the degauss button and the connector of the cables he's selling?
Adrick

Post by Adrick »

cools wrote: October 5th, 2022, 6:31 am The auction are the cables that are plugged in between the PCB and the side panel of the monitor.

Try contacting the seller and asking for a cable to go betwen the degauss button and the connector of the cables he's selling?
Thank you very much if that's what I wanted to remove that cable and leave it of origin, do you have any idea if there is something on eBay I will need some help, is the only thing that seemed more difficult to me of the restoration, the rest is fine monitor and so on, it would only be to mount and paint. I will post it on the forum as I go along.

The PCB you refer to the jvs ?
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

Referring to the monitor PCB/chassis.

I don't have a Toshiba PF available or I'd label up the picture for you.