Noir 1080p White wavy lines right side

For monitor related issues
LarsVegas
eBay: Larschance
Initials: LSV

Noir 1080p White wavy lines right side

Post by LarsVegas »

Hello guys,

After moving the cab to it's new place, the monitor shows White lines on the right side. But they are not straight, like one row is failing. I will put a picture online later. Does someone have a clue, where this is coming from. A crt cab next to the Monitor giving some magnetic field? Moved the cab away, but still there. And another thing is using now a 110V transformer then a 100V.
LarsVegas

Re: Noir 1080p White wavy lines right side

Post by LarsVegas »

Hier some pictures. At the top it's most visible. On the other sides it's just the edge.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LarsVegas

Post by LarsVegas »

No one a clue? Searched on google, but no solution or a similar problem. Put some pressure on the screen, but didn't helped. Changed back to 100V transformer but still there. It is a wei-ya screen. If it helps. Does someone have a clue where to get a replacement panel or screen?

Greets Lars
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

I can't see the lines anywhere else except the top pic. They're close to the edges of the screen, right? Probably a backlight thing. There's a film or plastic sheet that acts as a light guide, maybe that is somehow misaligned.

Honestly, based on the pics it looks like a very minor issue. You could pull apart the screen, but there's a very real possibility that you'll break the thing (I broke one sometime back, it's fiddly work).
LarsVegas

Post by LarsVegas »

Ok nem, I had the same in mind with the backlight. Maybe there is a technician around who can fix it in the future. When there is the possibility to break it, I will start living with it for now. Or there is a possibility to get a spare one.
LarsVegas

Post by LarsVegas »

Asked a professional, he says it's the display itself. So unfortunately I'm hoping to find one on here or on Yahoo, maybe wei-ya has a replacement panel. The other option would be any other 32" screen. Think you have done it before nem. How is it with the power supply? Have seen this is a 24V connector in europe the monitors news 230V how to connect this one with the cabs power supply?
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Most monitors have power supplies that are 100-240V, so you can just connect it to mains. Does the Noir have an outlet inside that you could use with a simple plug adapter? That's what I've done with a couple of Vewlixes.
thegreathopper
Geese's Bodyguard
eBay: thegreathopper
Initials: STV

Post by thegreathopper »

nem wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 2:54 pm Most monitors have power supplies that are 100-240V, so you can just connect it to mains. Does the Noir have an outlet inside that you could use with a simple plug adapter? That's what I've done with a couple of Vewlixes.
No it doesn’t have any outlets but it’s pretty straight forward to add one from the access panel at the back.
LarsVegas

Post by LarsVegas »

That's correct, there is no outlet inside the noir.
LarsVegas

Post by LarsVegas »

Does someone know the model no. Of the wei-ya 32" 1080p monitors they use in the noir cabs? It's quite a hustle to get the cab in parts for me right now.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

I'm going to pull apart a Noir in the coming days, so I'll try to remember to check the model.
LarsVegas

Post by LarsVegas »

Thanx nem. Would be really great.