Toei A292 Half Screen issue

For monitor related issues
LWK
Please Continue...
Initials: LWK

Toei A292 Half Screen issue

Post by LWK »

I have a issue with a Toei A292. It's the chassis for a MVS U4. I got this replacement chassis, I did a cap kit with what I had on hand. I got about 6 to go to have replaced them all. Color looks good, but I have the same problem this poster had. Half a screen.. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20857&p=449396#p449396 Could it be that STK? Would replacing the remaining caps fix this issue?
grantspain
Tech Head

Re: Toei A292 Half Screen issue

Post by grantspain »

did you have the problem before you changed any caps?
LWK
Please Continue...

Post by LWK »

I probably did. There's caps left to do. Two of the ones are 1000 uf caps. There's also this small pcb with two 47 uf's to do.. This monitor was originally running the A292s, but that chassis is gone now, I replaced it with a standard A292. I also recapped it with the kit I yanked off the failed A292s.. I've been down the road with this thing, and after years am back at it. I gave this chassis a scrub over to, and under the STK there is this slight white residue, I'm curious, could that be the cause? Not sure if that stuff could cause continuity to cause this issue. I can run over it with a tooth brush and isopropyl. Just wondering if I should bother to order the remaining caps.
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

carry on with replacing caps and if no change replace the ic, if i remember correctly that ic does an awful lot of work
LWK
Please Continue...

Post by LWK »

Well it isn't the end of the world. I guess I could always send it off if things don't look up. I'd love to have this cab working again.
LWK
Please Continue...

Post by LWK »

I dumped my other cap kit, got a new one and installed it today. Monitor is running half screen, played a tiny bit of Xmen vs SF, and I also have that IC coming. I'll install that and see where I'm at. I have a good feeling..
LWK
Please Continue...

Post by LWK »

Gonna get another chassis and work on that.