You've Got Grail! The Valuation Thread

Arcade games, artwork, kit pieces...
Topics are pruned after 90 days of inactivity.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Re: What's it worth?

Post by geotrig »

purplec wrote:What's a working Last Apostle jamma board worth?
no idea ,any pics of the board? i just wodering what determines it being last apostle over the japanese version?
Hokuto
Initials: !__

Post by Hokuto »

What's the price on a Hokuto no Ken Atomiswave cart? Or cart+mobo? I feel like the recent prices at 150 USD are a bit much...
purplec

Post by purplec »

geotrig wrote:
purplec wrote:What's a working Last Apostle jamma board worth?
no idea ,any pics of the board? i just wodering what determines it being last apostle over the japanese version?

geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

thanks 8-)
copados33
Please Continue...
eBay: psycho-q

Post by copados33 »

Already posted this in other forums but I didn't got a clear answer, I recently got 4 CPS2 boards, I bought them "As is, not tested", all gray Asian boards, x3 Alien vs Predator and 1 Night Warriors all of them came with its A board,: 1 of the avsp and Night Warriors are suicided, the other 2 AVSP,s work fine with their original batteries, how much are these worth? I paid $30usd each;

also got a few mvs carts: a minty copy of pulstar, a japanese windjammers and snkvscapcom chaos in pcb version, I paid nearly $26 for each of these which is a steal since these were also being sold "as is" , but I'd like to know what is the going rate on the market for these games.
trev1976

Post by trev1976 »

Looking for rough idea on price, I know its alot but any help would be great

MVS

Real Bout
Real Bout Special
Real Bout 2 Newcomers
Kof 98
Shock Troopers
Waku Waku 7

Tatsunoko vs Capcom

PGM

Martial Masters
Ketsui Cart
Espgaluda Cart
DDP BL Cart
Bee Storm

Naomi/Atomiswave Net Boot System . COMPLETE
CTN
eBay: ctn2005
Initials: CTN

Post by CTN »

trev1976 wrote:Looking for rough idea on price, I know its alot but any help would be great

MVS

Real Bout
Real Bout Special
Real Bout 2 Newcomers
Kof 98
Shock Troopers
15-20
15-20
15-20
20-25
30-40
neocps1
Banned

Post by neocps1 »

What's worth a serial matching full kit of kikaioh / techromancer ?
trev1976

Post by trev1976 »

cheers :)

CTN wrote:
trev1976 wrote:Looking for rough idea on price, I know its alot but any help would be great

MVS

Real Bout
Real Bout Special
Real Bout 2 Newcomers
Kof 98
Shock Troopers
15-20
15-20
15-20
20-25
30-40
DaytimeDreamer
eBay: chaos-disturber

Post by DaytimeDreamer »

What's a normal ranged price for these Japanese AES cases all complete and in relatively good condition (8/10)

Art o Fighting 2
Fatal Fury Special
Samurai Showdown

and a US copy of World Heroes 2

Cheers
Maestro3h

Post by Maestro3h »

Hi!

Price for this games?

Street Fighter (1) Original from Capcom, like new and all the wiring for 6 buttons. ?

The King of Dragons original, like new. ETC World version.?

Thanks!
copados33
Please Continue...

Post by copados33 »

King of Dragons 170-180 USD.

Street Fighter 1 $70-80 USD maybe 100-120 if it comes with the original "press sensitive" buttons.
RoberMC
Please Continue...
Initials: RMC

Post by RoberMC »

copados33 wrote: Street Fighter 1 $70-80 USD maybe 100-120 if it comes with the original "press sensitive" buttons.
Umm, One showed up, about a month ago at eBay, with a "buy now" price of 180€... it was sold in about 2 hours. I think it was a bargain.

I think 200 - 250€ is closer to its real value.
copados33
Please Continue...

Post by copados33 »

Pffffft, 250 EUROS for that turd?? :lolno:
RoberMC
Please Continue...

Post by RoberMC »

This thread is not about our personal tastes or subjective values, os about market values.

But.. if you can find me one for $120, i will be buying it and giving you a commision hehe
copados33
Please Continue...

Post by copados33 »

RoberMC wrote:This thread is not about our personal tastes or subjective values, os about market values.
Exactly, and that's why I cannot believe there's people out there willing to pay that much for that piece of sh1t of a game,if you can call that "a game" :lolno:
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

That game is a curiosity that has "historical value" to a very small amount of individuals. I'd want to have it, for example. A game doesn't have to be "good" for a person that is playing it to enjoy it.

I mean just look at all those people playing SFIV. They're all just being "ironic". :whoopsie:
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Post by crunchywasp »

:whoopsie:
copados33 wrote:Exactly, and that's why I cannot believe there's people out there willing to pay that much for that piece of sh1t of a game,if you can call that "a game" :lolno:
Each unto their own and all that. I'm sure we all like and own stuff that others would consider lame or undesirable (TRK's Humbler for instance :hinthint: ), not forgetting that there are plenty of other reasons besides actually liking something, such as nostalgia or completionism, that might make you want to own it.
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

I'm with copados33 on this, no way has it sold for €200-250 in recent times i think the last one i saw iirc ,which i might not be remembering rightly :shifty: was just over a £100 -120 shipped,so that ebay price of €180 seems about right to me and even at that ,the higher end , I think ive seen about 2 wanted threads for it 10+ years :lolno:

Look at final fight for instance , prices on this have fluctuated quiet alot over the last year and i have seen boards sell for £70-120.

Nostalgia would never want you to own this though :lol:
alas ebay prices used to be seen as a price of paying over the odds and not a guide to what its worth :problem:

im not saying it wont sell for €250 ,**** it it probably could ,but who knows anymore with this stupid hobby

*/me waits for a conversation on the awesomeness of "streetfighter the movie" game :awe: :awe:

JUST TOBACK IT UP
http://www.jammaplus.co.uk/forum/forum_ ... -valutaion seems about right if the only people willing to buy it think its worth that :lol: :awe: so going by that £80-£100
RoberMC
Please Continue...

Post by RoberMC »

Then you are more with us than with copados33, he valued it at max $80, wich is about 70€ (6 buttons version), and you said that 180€ = 127 GBP at eBay looks about right to you (it also was a 6 buttons version)... so... welcome to the club :awe:

A pressure sensitive board would be extremely rare, and with a working pressure panel would be an unicorn, but we are not talking about that, as that is a different PCB.

Most people collecting arcade games are moved by nostalgia or similar feelings, this game might have a lot of that value to some people, mostly people playing at the arcades in 1987, and in fact it is a RARE board, the first 1 vs 1 fighting game by Capcom, and the game that started the Street Fighter franchise. Street Fighter the Movie game has nothing of that.

Also.. i have seen an original SF board running, and then compared with MAME. In the emulator it was like some frames were missing, like if you had a frameskip activated, and collision detection was bad, anybody else noticed that?