You've Got Grail! The Valuation Thread

Arcade games, artwork, kit pieces...
Topics are pruned after 90 days of inactivity.
arcnl

Re: You've Got Grail! The Valuation Thread

Post by arcnl »

Most people here have fixed mortgage rates. Unemployment rates are at an alltime low and shortage of staff all around. Sure there's inflation and stuff, but nothing that would prevent me from buying a PCB. I suspect your price is just fine, there just aren't too many fish in the pond for this type of purchase so you just need to have more patience. For me personally as a gamer, nowadays there are too many good ways to play for me to be even remotely interested in actually buying ageing pcb's, even at substantial pricecuts.
Monstermug
eBay: Monstermug
Initials: SON

Post by Monstermug »

Pcbs are just far too limited to be affected by ecomic factors in any drastic ways. Like houses, any drops is relative and any recession will be accompanied by drop in availability. Bsc (econs)

Ive heard all the scaremongering about game crashes before. In all honesty though, if ur buying them as an asset then u might be in the wrong hobby. End of the day, even if a world war 3 blows up, and all retro stuff becomes worthless, i be still happy to play atomic robo kid in my bunker while my wife and kids wind the generator.

Even common stuff like double dragon and robocop is becoming hard to find as they are slowing ending up in collectors hands. Finding anything really sought after these days requires luck and a lot of connections. Having said that, U be suprised at what gets traded amongst the connected circle and the prices they get traded for. Ive now realised more than half of the pcbs that gets passed around never sees the for sales section. Probably get kicked out of the secret society for saying it too.
EOJ
eBay: NA

Post by EOJ »

Prices on CAVE PCBs are definitely trending downwards in recent months. This is obviously connected to the current global economy and people having less "fun money". CAVE PCBs are not like buying houses, after all. You need a place to live, you don't need to be playing Ibara.

Hobby-related items saw a big increase during the first few years of COVID, but that is over and a correction is taking place***. Which is a good thing for buyers, at least. However, I have noticed CAVE boxed full kits seem to be selling for a premium in several cases over the past year, in contrast to bare PCBs that are generally dropping in price - this gap is probably driven by the different purchasing motivations of collectors and "players" (the latter have less money to spend and/or are less willing to spend a lot for minty treasure pieces).

It will also be interesting to see what happens when the yen goes back to a more normal level (i.e., sub-120yen:1usd). It's currently around 150yen:1usd, which is causing inflated yen prices on YAJ and in Japanese shops that are making a lot of these games out of reach for Japanese buyers; My data show around 90% of CAVE PCB/kit purchases on YAJ were made by proxy-bidders over the past year.

***Keep in mind this is all cyclical. I've seen CAVE prices rise and fall a few times over the past 20 years, it would be naive to think they won't rise again. However, there are a few "new" factors that could lead to long-term deflation of prices over the next 10 years: 1) many CV-1000 PCBs suffering from NAND corruption/failure that will only increase in the years to come; 2) not enough younger buyers becoming interested in arcade gaming on original hardware and older buyers selling up (I've already seen a lot of this this year) or already completed their collections.
geosnow
eBay: g3osnow

Post by geosnow »

I wait until I can buy an Ibara kit for USD 250 like I did in the past.
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

geosnow wrote: September 27th, 2023, 5:22 am I wait until I can buy an Ibara kit for USD 250 like I did in the past.
The golden years.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

:P And feeling like we over paid then
thechop
Not as old as Ralph

Post by thechop »

Just found 10 cave box protectors what did we pay for these way back when ?
The Zak ones.
geosnow
eBay: g3osnow

Post by geosnow »

The saveyourgames.it ones? They are bot as good as the ones from Zak.
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

£20
thechop wrote: September 30th, 2023, 1:32 pm Just found 10 cave box protectors what did we pay for these way back when ?
The Zak ones.
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

geosnow wrote: October 1st, 2023, 8:47 am The saveyourgames.it ones? They are bot as good as the ones from Zak.
thechop
Not as old as Ralph

Post by thechop »

:thumbupright:
zak wrote: October 1st, 2023, 10:26 am £20
thechop wrote: September 30th, 2023, 1:32 pm Just found 10 cave box protectors what did we pay for these way back when ?
The Zak ones.
fryster
eBay: DrHibert
Initials: CHR

Post by fryster »

Hello,
need a price for an
-PROGEAR Phoenixed Green Board (A+B)
Thx
Nonik
eBay: Newtroninfor
Initials: JUA

Post by Nonik »

Hi guys! A friend of mine want to sell a dodonpachi Japan version pcb, how much it?

Thanks In advance!
TMallu

Post by TMallu »

Ibara bare pcb?

Thx
ATARI
eBay: kingpin!
Initials: BL

Post by ATARI »

Please help me with a value of this rare title:

Original and working SEGA - TeddyBoy Blues PCB (no conversion, original EPROMs, original SEGA serial number sticker and no repairs done).

Thanks!
XtraSmiley
eBay: netrunner 2
Initials: ACE

Post by XtraSmiley »

ATARI wrote: October 18th, 2023, 1:03 pm Please help me with a value of this rare title:

Original and working SEGA - TeddyBoy Blues PCB (no conversion, original EPROMs, original SEGA serial number sticker and no repairs done).

Thanks!
In Japan ~$500 USD or more. Outside of Japan, I don't know, it doesn't seem that popular elsewhere. I really like the game, but actually prefer the SMS version, as I grew up with that one. GLWS.
Yamazaki
eBay: nippon-net_de

Post by Yamazaki »

Hello folks

planning to sell the following

De-suicided King of Dragons
Sexy Parodius
Gals Panic S + MoBo

all naked PCBs

what could be the asking price?
zumbito
eBay: jaime5171

Post by zumbito »

Question how much are Strikers 1, 2 and 3 going for these days?
buffi

Post by buffi »

zumbito wrote: October 21st, 2023, 6:47 am Question how much are Strikers 1, 2 and 3 going for these days?
About 200eur-ish each depending on condition.
Tops has all three in stock for just over 200.
https://www.tops-game.jp/products/list. ... search.y=0

If you are looking to sell strikers3, and are in EU, I can price match tops for 3.
zumbito
eBay: jaime5171

Post by zumbito »

buffi wrote: October 21st, 2023, 8:29 am
zumbito wrote: October 21st, 2023, 6:47 am Question how much are Strikers 1, 2 and 3 going for these days?
About 200eur-ish each depending on condition.
Tops has all three in stock for just over 200.
https://www.tops-game.jp/products/list. ... search.y=0

If you are looking to sell strikers3, and are in EU, I can price match tops for 3.
Thanks, thought they were worth more. I probably more inclined to sell them together.