You've Got Grail! The Valuation Thread

Arcade games, artwork, kit pieces...
Topics are pruned after 90 days of inactivity.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Re: You've Got Grail! The Valuation Thread

Post by nem »

Interest from kernow if noone else.
uncletom

Post by uncletom »

Also I'm curious about how much I could get for my Psychic5 and Oscar boards these days. Both originals and supernice state.

Folks and other flying pet creatures from hell and beyond; please I'm asking here in THIS THREAD about pricing of boards. When you send me PMs on "what price I had in mind", you're leaving it to me to decide. This is not a good thing as last time I sold a board was perhaps 10-15 years ago for very different price.

Better way would to maybe create an auction thread, and let people place bids. Right?
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

uncletom wrote: March 15th, 2023, 7:26 am Better way would to maybe create an auction thread, and let people place bids. Right?
auction threads are not really allowed here in general as they can cause a **** storm like the PM Scenario you listed above. it's quiet hard to know prices on a lot these days as sales on some are rare and most just keep going up and up
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Throw them on eBay and put a link in External sales. Easy.
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com
eBay: chrismartinlewis
Initials: BNS

Post by ChrisBEANS »

For prices on these niche collectory type things, you need @Monstermug or @zak i reckon…

I’ve no idea what Psychic5 or Oscar even are (although YouTube is about to tell me)

Edit:
Oscar looks fun. Kinda like Turrican?
Psychic5 has a NewZealand Story vibe to it…
uncletom

Post by uncletom »

Thanks boys. Ebay is good enough. I understand the "**** storm" thing. It's what happens with hungry animals, sort of like us gamers .. :lol:

As for what games are have a look in MAME, it's all there and pretty much working perfectly as far as I can tell.
Grinning Cat
eBay: N/A

Post by Grinning Cat »

ChrisBEANS wrote: March 15th, 2023, 10:24 am For prices on these niche collectory type things, you need @Monstermug or @zak i reckon…

I’ve no idea what Psychic5 or Oscar even are (although YouTube is about to tell me)
Legend has it, the entire market for Psychic5 (and its subsequent appearance on everyone's wanted lists for a while) was created by a PCB sale between @monstermug and @zak . I think I remember seeing it in a pictogram, inside an ancient temple. Or possibly on the back of a cereal box. More likely, one of them just told me about it :awe:

It's also worth noting that Psychic5 has a factory patch wire. Attempted removal of this brings the owner of the PCB 500 years bad luck :lol:
froztbite
eBay: froztbite2003
Initials: VKR

Post by froztbite »

uncletom wrote: March 15th, 2023, 7:26 am Also I'm curious about how much I could get for my Psychic5 and Oscar boards these days. Both originals and supernice state.
I bought Oscar for around 350€ (49,990 yen) early last year from https://www.emporiumretrogamingshop.com/.

It is a pretty rare board to come up for sale and it is one of my favorites so I felt that price was fair.
CFO
eBay: www.ebay.com/usr/biggar109

Post by CFO »

Psychic 5 is 1000€ and rising. Worth it too IMO. I believe there are a few people actively looking for a board with offers higher than that right now.
Monstermug
eBay: Monstermug
Initials: SON

Post by Monstermug »

The only time ive seen Oscar for sale is when i bought mine from a retired collector. Fun game iirc. Plays like turrican/xian d sleena. Psychic 5 is about 1k depending on condition.
Grinning Cat wrote: March 15th, 2023, 1:01 pm
ChrisBEANS wrote: March 15th, 2023, 10:24 am For prices on these niche collectory type things, you need @Monstermug or @zak i reckon…

Legend has it, the entire market for Psychic5 (and its subsequent appearance on everyone's wanted lists for a while) was created by a PCB sale between @monstermug and @zak . I think I remember seeing it in a pictogram, inside an ancient temple. Or possibly on the back of a cereal box. More likely, one of them just told me about it :awe:

It's also worth noting that Psychic5 has a factory patch wire. Attempted removal of this brings the owner of the PCB 500 years bad luck :lol:
You might wake up to a faulty Gunforce rom board on your bed mentioning this publicly.
Grinning Cat

Post by Grinning Cat »

Monstermug wrote: March 20th, 2023, 4:12 pm You might wake up to a faulty Gunforce rom board on your bed mentioning this publicly.
My single greatest fear :silent: I'd take the horse's head instead every single time!

As an aside, I've actually been playing Psychic5 more in mame recently...such a fun game (and the music is just :awe: ). Another semi-unaffordable game to add to my wish list...
F86
eBay: Brighedai

Post by F86 »

Oscar was a pretty cheap game but it didn't often come on sale
Last edited by F86 on March 20th, 2023, 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F86

Post by F86 »

Mistake
Last edited by F86 on March 20th, 2023, 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F86

Post by F86 »

Maybe now it's more around 35k
One was sold in yahoo for 31000 yen

Also for sale here
https://www.game-kanaya.com/list/1-1.html
Moonwalker
eBay: Glmorgenstern
Initials: TOA

Post by Moonwalker »

How much is a Neo Turf Masters Kit worth nowadays?
And as I asked last time, does anyone know the going rate for a boxed Hyper Neo Geo 64 and full kits of Fatal Fury, Buriki One, Samsho and Samsho 2?
Monstermug
eBay: Monstermug
Initials: SON

Post by Monstermug »

F86 wrote: March 20th, 2023, 11:22 pm Maybe now it's more around 35k

Also for sale here
I be interested to see what the pcb looks like. If its mint, works and original its a bargain. Cant seem to buy any pcb for less than 40k anymore on yahoo.
Grinning Cat

Post by Grinning Cat »

Monstermug wrote: March 21st, 2023, 7:02 pm
F86 wrote: March 20th, 2023, 11:22 pm Maybe now it's more around 35k

Also for sale here
I be interested to see what the pcb looks like. If its mint, works and original its a bargain. Cant seem to buy any pcb for less than 40k anymore on yahoo.
I think there's obviously some minor fault re the game-kanaya copy (hence the slightly lower price). Oddly, when you just translate the entire page, no additional comments are visible. But when you look at the original page in Japanese, and paste the entry for Oscar into Google translate, it says: "Sometimes a vertical line appears on the background screen during the game".
uncletom

Post by uncletom »

Interesting discussion. I guess it also depends on what time of year it is, as well as daily trends such as economics and weather ;)

What about the following boards then;

Starblade (inlcuding the proprietari sound channel separation / amplifier PCB)
Cyber Sled
Air Combat

These aren't really playable in a JAMMA cab, but nevertheless awesome games. Provided there's a good function/play test video with some good footage of the hardware these would be selling for good money, right?
sven666
eBay: sven-666
Initials: JNX

Post by sven666 »

As you very well know UT, you could have those games for sale for $1 for years without a buyer, but if someone has the cab and needs the pcb you can set any price you want.

Impossible to sell and impossible to buy.
uncletom

Post by uncletom »

Tackar Sven.. , why do you assume I know so much ? My RAM is tiny, my hard drive large but without indexing so any memory in my brain is very slow and hard to access ;) There, now people know.

So the market for odd non-jamma boards is very small? Is it only me who plays / collects other boards than jamma? Anyway, I've not bought or sold any arcade related stuff for surely more than 8 years, perhaps 10.

Then the same applies to a Galaxy Force II board, NOS from Deith as they were selling off their spares stock many years ago. Any info on this would be great. Tackar!

.. and how much does labels and stickers on these 'weird boards' count? Same as on CAVE boards and other JAMMA? (I know some folks like labels)