You've Got Grail! The Valuation Thread

Arcade games, artwork, kit pieces...
Topics are pruned after 90 days of inactivity.
Sumez
Initials: SMZ

Re: Is grail? Yes, yes it is ...

Post by Sumez »

In my defense, I've been looking for DeathSmiles for years - it almost never comes up for sale, and when it does, the vultures come out immediately. So I had given up hope of ever finding it at a reasonable price. It's the last of my four major arcade grails.

Also, being able to buy from within Europe is a big bonus. Buying from a Japanese arcade dealer easily makes the total price end up nearly twice the listed one.

I cannot express how relieved I am that I managed to get TGM2 before that one exploded.
jugemscloud
Monster Basher

Post by jugemscloud »

Sumez wrote:In my defense, I've been looking for DeathSmiles for years - it almost never comes up for sale, and when it does, the vultures come out immediately. So I had given up hope of ever finding it at a reasonable price. It's the last of my four major arcade grails.
I've done the same for similar reasons "when if ever will i see this again, and at what price then?", when i started i said i would never paid more than 100 for a game (naivety) then 200 then i said okay one in one out when its getting to those prices then no, then 250 max for dodonpachi and didn't see one for at all for 2 years then a few at 300+ seen them then going for 400+ for world/korean versions a year or so after that then seen one for 400 + postage and tax on yaj last year so 500+ all in and finally accepted that that was probably the best price i would ever see it for at this point. damn was i correct but not happy to be so :(
supergrafx77
Please Continue...
eBay: supergrafx77

Post by supergrafx77 »

I saw this all coming about, painfully, along the way, from the beginning, and now in retrospect... :(

I remember being offered a bare SDOJ pcb from Fujita right before Cave and Fujita finally hung it up, for a mere $1100USD.
I didn't have enough $$$ and mentioned the deal over at shmups and somebody got the scoop, I reckon.
Now it is going at Yahoo auctions for 36X,XXXyen... :(

I remember being able to get Ibara BL and DFK black label for 1000-1200usd... But never did... :(
Recently was offered MMP for a 1000usd+, and had too decline... again, maybe to a probable detriment.... :(
I remember, when it was $550... :(

Now Mak and Gfront prices are only slightly less than Sophia's and STV's....
MVS games are going for ridiculous prices, and furthermore CSP2, which I would hardly consider grail, unlike CAVE. :(

In the end, decided to sell thy 4th grail, Futari 1.5pcb...
But will never sell the Kernow Holy Trinity of Cave recommended goodness:
Ibara, Ketsui and Espgaluda II. NEVER, EVER. I must become content with this threesome of grail. :awe:
But, that being said, I'm hanging it up, in seeking out future pcbs/grail.

I still can only hope for someday, a darksoft SH3 mult to surface itself and diminish all that is grail. :think:
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Post by crunchywasp »

:lol:
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

I member
Casey120
The Fluffer
eBay: Tappygielen
Initials: CVW

Post by Casey120 »

So, how much for an almost minty, Sven boxed Pork FK with blue poster these days then :hinthint:
Last edited by Casey120 on December 15th, 2016, 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

TL:DR I member when a nine-bar was only a tenner
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Post by crunchywasp »

supergrafx77
Please Continue...
eBay: supergrafx77

Post by supergrafx77 »

jugemscloud
Monster Basher

Post by jugemscloud »

Rossyra wrote:TL:DR I member when a nine-bar was only a tenner
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

Casey120 wrote:So, how much for an almost minty, Sven boxed Pork FK with blue poster these days then :hinthint:
the blue poster is actually an anti-grail device and the entire kit is worth about 7 quid with it :shifty: :awe:
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

Sumez wrote:In my defense, I've been looking for DeathSmiles for years - it almost never comes up for sale, and when it does, the vultures come out immediately. So I had given up hope of ever finding it at a reasonable price. It's the last of my four major arcade grails.

Also, being able to buy from within Europe is a big bonus. Buying from a Japanese arcade dealer easily makes the total price end up nearly twice the listed one.

I cannot express how relieved I am that I managed to get TGM2 before that one exploded.
FWIW it was common as anything a few years ago if you wanted to get it from Japan, and exceedingly (<£200 including shipping and customs) cheap.

That marketplace is pretty much gutted for anything popular now though.
Sumez
Initials: SMZ

Post by Sumez »

Yeah I heard there was a cheap period for DS, which pains me to think of. But it must have been really short. I wanted to get it along with my Progear back when I ordered that from Fujita in 2010 - but at the time, the game was fairly new and still selling for approximately arcade operator prices.
So a couple of years ago I heard people mention that the game was actually going "cheap" and decided to go hunt for it. However, since then I have only seen 3 or so sold on western forums, all of them escaping my clutches - Sophia has/had it up tons of times, but always at absurd prices.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

It kept getting cheaper, but not from dealers ;)
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

well the days of forums being cheap are long gone too ....its nearly cheaper to buy off ebay :problem: or dealers :problem: :problem:
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

Come back STV, all is forgiven.
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

lol i was half thinking the same :lol:
denson
eBay: chubba100

Re: Got grail?

Post by denson »

For all the stick that STV gets, he will at least combine shipping and mark down values to escape customs charges... Not that I've bought much from him, and certainly nothing that could ever be described as Grail...but for middle of the road games he's not unreasonable... Sometimes! :shifty:
Casey120
The Fluffer
eBay: Tappygielen
Initials: CVW

Re: Got grail?

Post by Casey120 »

I have seen STV selling those mini famicom's recently on his facebook page for a lot less than the average lubing flipper rate .

PS, The pork is not for sale, just wanted to know the average grail price so PM are useless , thank you :pointup: